Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No Fresh Air Blower
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mtc911
Just picked up a 75 914 and the previous owner deleted the heater and fresh air blower - i can live without the heater (racing exhaust) but obviously have a very major water issue with no fresh air fan and drain tubes etc...really dont need or want the fan and the prices are really high even on eBay - anyone every come up with a creative way to seal that area up and drain water away? was thinking about something flat and sealed up from underneath or fabricating a small box with drain tubes..Anyone else solve this? Thanks
Chi-town
QUOTE(mtc911 @ Apr 8 2019, 07:47 PM) *

Just picked up a 75 914 and the previous owner deleted the heater and fresh air blower - i can live without the heater (racing exhaust) but obviously have a very major water issue with no fresh air fan and drain tubes etc...really dont need or want the fan and the prices are really high even on eBay - anyone every come up with a creative way to seal that area up and drain water away? was thinking about something flat and sealed up from underneath or fabricating a small box with drain tubes..Anyone else solve this? Thanks

I can supply you the blower box to bolt in place
Matty900
QUOTE(Chi-town @ Apr 8 2019, 09:06 PM) *

QUOTE(mtc911 @ Apr 8 2019, 07:47 PM) *

I can supply you the blower box to bolt in place

agree.gif
No reason to make it harder than it has to be
ChrisFoley
For my race car I made this aluminum tray that screws onto the brackets below the cowl. I added some rubber edging to seal it against the underside of the cowl.
Click to view attachment
johnhora
Don't laugh but maybe a quick and fast way ... biggrin.gif

Clear on top or black from underside..

https://www.flexsealproducts.com/product/flex-tape/

Click to view attachment
mtc911
QUOTE(johnhora @ Apr 9 2019, 10:48 AM) *

Don't laugh but maybe a quick and fast way ... biggrin.gif

Clear on top or black from underside..

https://www.flexsealproducts.com/product/flex-tape/

Click to view attachment

not a bad idea....then i could saw it in half too and tape it back together... smile.gif

Thanks for the suggestion
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.