Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Detailed MFI pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bob Wolcott
Does anyone have detailed pictures of an engine with MFI. I'm looking for some that would show how the various linkage components are oriented.

Thanks,
Bob
michel richard
I can put some up in the morning.

Michel Richard
914/6 (conversion) 2.2 E MFI
xitspd
This is the MFI motor in my 1974 Carrera.
ArtechnikA
Bunch of MFI Technical Refrences Page

the Bosch papers are on that site...
ClayPerrine
Hey Dan...
I think your oil cooler barf.gif

michel richard
engine in the car
michel richard
clutch end
michel richard
As for the previous image: The stock intake does not fit with MFI in he 914. Normally, the intake is turned around to fit a 914, but you can't do that with MFI because the underside of the filter assembly then fouls the pump.

More pictures:
michel richard
more
michel richard
the pump
michel richard
pump again
michel richard
You have to remove the trunk springs, otherwise, they foul the pump.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (michel richard @ Jun 24 2005, 07:16 AM)
You have to remove the trunk springs, otherwise, they foul the pump.

I didn't have to remove the torsion bars for the trunk. All I had to do was to point one banjo fitting down slightly to get the pump to clear the torsion bars. What year is that motor? There may be some difference in years .

Sorry, no picts. I am at work.
michel richard
The engine is a 2.2E built on a 5R 2.4 case. Short stroke counterweighted crank, 2.2 rods E pistons, heads and cams.
michel richard
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jun 24 2005, 05:23 AM)
I didn't have to remove the torsion bars for the trunk. All I had to do was to point one banjo fitting down slightly to get the pump to clear the torsion bars.

OK, good to know. I'll be putting that engine in another car in a few months time, I'll keep the springs then.

Oh, and the MFI is a 2.2E pump with magnesium stacks and 2.2 E throttle bodies.

Michel
ClayPerrine
Mine is a 73 with the plastic stacks and the 73 pump. I wonder if that makes a difference?

michel richard
I'm trying to think back about exactly what was actually fouling when I was putting the engine in. Not sure.
I'll try and see if I can put the springs back in with the engine and injection already in the car. Seriously doubt that I can, though.
Cheers.
Michel
Bob Wolcott
I really appreciate the help.

Thanks!
Bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.