Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch cable parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SteelerMike77
74, 914, 1.8 carbs...I’m being told I need “clips” to hold my clutch cable in place, they’re apparently missing, so the cable moves side to side. Any idea where to get these? I tried Pelican parts & Auto Atlanta, they have nothing by that name...
confused24.gif [size=3]
JeffBowlsby
Clips where? Center tunnel?
Chi-town
Did your clutch tube break free in the tunnel? If so there are a few threads on fixes for it but there's no Porsche "clip" to replace it was originally welded
bdstone914
Where exactly is the movement you describe? There is a metal tab that holds the cabel sheath to the bracket for the pully on the trans. Usually left off.

@SteelerMike77
porschetub
QUOTE(SteelerMike77 @ Apr 11 2019, 12:29 PM) *

74, 914, 1.8 carbs...I’m being told I need “clips” to hold my clutch cable in place, they’re apparently missing, so the cable moves side to side. Any idea where to get these? I tried Pelican parts & Auto Atlanta, they have nothing by that name...
confused24.gif [size=3]

Think you are referring to the metal washer with tab that retains the cable @ the gearbox end on the cable roller plate ?,Pelican supplied mine,not sure if they have them now.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I would assume like a previous member commented that your clutch cable tube has broken loose in the tunnel and needs to be re welded. There are numerous postings and diagrams out there (including the procedure and diagram in my 914 "tech tips 700" detailing the repair procedure

Funny I was just driving a customer car for a post purchase, and the first thing I noticed was a pinging in the tunnel and hard to get into fourth and fifth I knew right away that the tube was broken loose in the tunnel

QUOTE(SteelerMike77 @ Apr 10 2019, 05:29 PM) *

confused24.gif [size=3]
SteelerMike77
QUOTE(porschetub @ Apr 10 2019, 11:49 PM) *

confused24.gif [size=3]

Think you are referring to the metal washer with tab that retains the cable @ the gearbox end on the cable roller plate ?,Pelican supplied mine,not sure if they have them now.

Yes, I think that may be it, it is 7nder the car near the “pulley” where the cable goes thru a bracket...thanks
SteelerMike77
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 11 2019, 10:40 AM) *

I would assume like a previous member commented that your clutch cable tube has broken loose in the tunnel and needs to be re welded. There are numerous postings and diagrams out there (including the procedure and diagram in my 914 "tech tips 700" detailing the repair procedure

Funny I was just driving a customer car for a post purchase, and the first thing I noticed was a pinging in the tunnel and hard to get into fourth and fifth I knew right away that the tube was broken loose in the tunnel

QUOTE(SteelerMike77 @ Apr 10 2019, 05:29 PM) *

confused24.gif [size=3]

Thanks, it definitely is NOT the cable tube! This is near the “pulley” by the trans where there is a bracket holding the cable.
SteelerMike77
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 10 2019, 11:45 PM) *

Where exactly is the movement you describe? There is a metal tab that holds the cabel sheath to the bracket for the pully on the trans. Usually left off.

@SteelerMike77

This is GREAT, thanks for the pics! Where you mentioned is EXACTLY WHERE the part I need would go.
Thanks
SteelerMike77
QUOTE(porschetub @ Apr 10 2019, 11:49 PM) *

confused24.gif [size=3]

YES! Thank you, I need to get that part!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.