Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WURTH Seam Sealer Gun Available
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BPic
I purchased a Wurth Seam Sealer gun for my build and I'm done using it. And because I have received so much help on this site from all of you I would like it to become a 914world club gun. The gun is awesome and easy to use.
So I'm offering to send it to anyone who is READY to use and is willing to send to the next person that asks for it and is READY. You should really be ready to use it so it can continue to make the rounds. If you aren't ready and sit on it for 2 months there could be a few people that could have used during that time. I will include a little note on pressure and technique I used and hope everyone else will update the instructions with their techniques as it moves forward.

Who's ready? Answer here, no PM's. Keep it all out in the open so everyone knows where it is and can jump in when they're ready.

This is on the honor system and my hope is that it moves from club member to club member.

Oh and you pay shipping. biggrin.gif

A big thanks to all of you as I could not have gotten this far without you. beerchug.gif

Brad
BeatNavy
Pretty generous offer beerchug.gif

I wish I was ready to use it, but I'm not at that point yet.

Maybe a little further down the road it will still be available biggrin.gif

Good stuff!
bbrock
Wow! That is very generous. Unfortunately, that ship has sailed for me but I'm sure many will benefit from this generous offer. smilie_pokal.gif
worn
Oh, well done!
914werke
Ugh! I just bought THAT gun this week!
Superhawk996
Nice Work and what an awesome community.

I purchased a used gun on evilbay and restored it back to working condition with some help from Jeff Hail on parts dimension information.

I'm not in need but will offer up my gun in same manner in a year or so when I'm done.

Nice to see this sort of pay it forward mindset.

You guys are awesome.! biggrin.gif

Curious though whether you guys are using the rubber based sealer or the Urethane based sealer? I shot some of the rubber as a test and I think that is probably what was OEM since I don't think urethane was in use in the 70's but could be wrong.
ctc911ctc
I am perhaps 3-4 months out from this step - I will defer and ask to be #2 or #3

C
BPic
QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ Apr 12 2019, 11:32 AM) *

I am perhaps 3-4 months out from this step - I will defer and ask to be #2 or #3

C

I have no one on the list at this time so your first. If your 3-4 months out lets give others that may be ready sooner a chance. Otherwise I'll send it to you.
preach
I am years away, but thanks for doing this. May be that I get a chance to use it down the road when I am ready. beerchug.gif
ctc911ctc
QUOTE(BPic @ Apr 12 2019, 09:36 AM) *

QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ Apr 12 2019, 11:32 AM) *

C

I have no one on the list at this time so your first. If your 3-4 months out lets give others that may be ready sooner a chance. Otherwise I'll send it to you.

Let's give it a day or two, do not want to bogart that bad boy!
Morph914
I am ready now to rock n roll with the seam sealer, so happy to find this thread. A couple of questions first, as I have already purchased some product. Does this gun use a regular type cartridge, or is it special to Wurth?. It would be helpful to see a picture. I also have the brushable type.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Cheers,
John
BPic
QUOTE(Morph914 @ Apr 12 2019, 02:29 PM) *

I am ready now to rock n roll with the seam sealer, so happy to find this thread. A couple of questions first, as I have already purchased some product. Does this gun use a regular type cartridge, or is it special to Wurth?. It would be helpful to see a picture. I also have the brushable type.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Cheers,
John

It uses a screw in cartridge. Most "sprayable" seam sealer will work I used the SEM spray seam sealer because the Wurth was not easy to get.
Cairo94507
Not to hi-jack this thread, but I have 3 cans of the Wurth sealer used with this gun that is available if anyone is interested. They are roughly 1 qt. cans. I would let them go for $25 per can plus shipping. They cost me a lot more than that and I have no use for them now and would prefer someone benefit from them. As you were gentlemen. beerchug.gif
Morph914
Thanks guys, just trying to figure out if this is worth the effort since I already have product. Does this gun give results similar to original?
bbrock
QUOTE(Morph914 @ Apr 12 2019, 01:39 PM) *

Thanks guys, just trying to figure out if this is worth the effort since I already have product. Does this gun give results similar to original?

If you are trying to follow OEM application, you will still use almost that whole can of brushable even if you spray.

Morph914
QUOTE(bbrock @ Apr 12 2019, 01:44 PM) *

If you are trying to follow OEM application, you will still use almost that whole can of brushable even if you spray.

Thanks, since I am going to be doing the underside with the bed liner, I think I will do like you did, and use the Upol gun to finish off the areas that already have brushed on sealer. I think yours turned out nicely.
BPic
QUOTE(bbrock @ Apr 12 2019, 03:44 PM) *

agree.gif I brushed on first to really get it in the crevices and sprayed over top of it to get the OEM look.

This is how it looked done...

Click to view attachment
Morph914
That did turn out nice, but I think I’m going to go another route. Thank you for offering the gun though, a great idea that many will enjoy I’m sure.

Cheers,
John
BPic
icon_bump.gif

Can anyone use this gun?
Superhawk996
I'll trade you for a used one. blink.gif

Just kidding!
BPic
icon_bump.gif one more time or it will sit with @ctc911ctc for a few months. Anyone need it now?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.