Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stock 914 1.8 Engine bay pictures?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
John90290
Good morning! This weekend I will be slipping my rebuild engine back into my 1975 914 1.8! I'm excited to get it back together. One problem I had was when i bought the car, a lot of the stuff..charcoal canister and resistor, relay and computer were just stuffed on the passenger side of the engine bay not really attached. I'd like to find out where they go.

I've been scouring the interwebs for engine bay pictures but most are carb'd or not 1.8's so don't have the same set up.

Anyone out there have a 1.8 FI that could take some snap shots of the engine bay and post on this thread?

I would certainly appreciate it!
bretth
Here is some from a low mileage 75 1.8 and another one that was selling last year.
John90290
Awesome!!!! Thanks so much, just what i needed! Will post final pictures when she's in.

-John
troth
Is this some sort of plumbing? Looks like it goes to the thing underneath the AAR. I have a ‘75 1.8 as well but don’t have anything resembling that. Is it something for the blower motor? That’s something else I’m missing.

Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
That's the EGR valve and its plumbing. CA-only models, 49-state cars did not have it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.