Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: okay gang...let's see your openings!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
I'm curious to see the different style openings for radiator inlets on the V8 Teeners....I'll be starting the surgery soon on JLO....

Let's see them holes! laugh.gif

Bill p.

914GT
Here's mine Bill
skline
Mine probably doesnt count since it is not a stock front end but here is mine.

nine14cats
Thanks!

I'd like to come up with an opening that looks nice and clean....and maybe with a grill that is not only mesh, but has a shape...something that Guy T. has. But I can't blindly rip that off.... laugh.gif

I do have an extra grill for my Ford F150 pickup...but it doesn't look that nice...

Bill P.
skline
Bill, I have some different things I have been considering to use for a grill to keep low flying birds and such out of my radiator opening, I will take some pictures of two different kinds tomorrow. I have a lot of both so if you decide one of them might be right for you, let me know and it's yours.
nine14cats
Thanks Scott!

That would be awesome....With JLO we can be a little different... laugh.gif

Bill P.
Qarl
bootyshake.gif
nine14cats
Yep...I had even money on Karl coming up with the posting to match my topic title!

And his opening is the same color as JLO!.... aktion035.gif

Bill P.
skline
Bill, I found that material I had so here are the pictures. The first one is a shiny silver coler like expanded steel but its light like aluminum. Not sure what it is made out of but should work great for a grill. The other one is heavier and black but is also metal. Much finer mesh than the silver one.

skline
The black one
Aaron Cox
scott...

ill buy some (like 4 x 13") of numba 2 off you smile.gif
neo914-6
Bill,

Can I have the piece you cut out? I may have a use for it on Neo914... idea.gif
dakotaewing
This is from Richard Fishers car.... Notice the flames.....
ClayPerrine
hijacked.gif

You need to be careful with a thread title like this one.....

After all.. MikeZ hangs out here! wink.gif
John2kx
This is what I did to mine after spending much time worrying about how my freshly chromed front bumper would look after hacking it up. This method was fairly simple to perform and did not take much away from the stock appearance. The wire mesh was purchased at Lowe's and riveted to the body. Just cut mesh about 3/4" larger than hole in body........the hole in bumper will be much smaller and cover any imperfections.

It may not be so obvious with the bumper on a table or with the car on jack stands, but with the low ride height of the 914 and the angle of the stock bumper, this opening is barely visible to the average person. You just about have to get on your knees to notice any detail
John2kx
close up
John2kx
normal view
Jeroen
If you're looking for a nice grill...
Get one off an SC or Carrera 3.2 taildragger engine lid (one without a rear spoiler)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.