Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: July 18 2019
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
Mid-engine. ~500 HP. 'Targa' top. Twin trunks?
Ferg
I sure hope it is a great road car and stirthepot.gif with the majority of the Corvette fan base.
JeffBowlsby
popcorn[1].gif
rick 918-S
Took long enough. Finally catching on... slap.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
it will be a real bargain, even better than the 2005 2006 ford GTClick to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
914_teener
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 12 2019, 01:37 PM) *

it will be a real bargain, even better than the 2005 2006 ford GT

I just saw one of these at the Peterson car museum here in LA for the Porsche Effect exhibit there last weekend.

What an awesome car. I like the lines better myself....just my opinion.
rgalla9146
Many Ford GTs are owned by non-driver money enthusiasts.
That picture of the cars in the rain is fake. biggrin.gif
Thumbs up on the Corvette. Twin trunks !
thelogo
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Apr 12 2019, 12:34 PM) *

Only 500 horse .... It doesnt look very lightweight
An 94 zr1 has 400
KELTY360
How are those Corvette guys going to find the dipstick? sunglasses.gif
914forme
When I think of all the time and money I have dropped into my 914 over the years, the C8 seems like a bargain. If the C7 is any indicator, the C8 will be a beast of a car and a performance bargain.
Andyrew
I would imagine a lot of the modified and V8 conversion 914s will go on the market in the next couple of years.

I would like to keep the 914 but the others are seriously suspect...

I just hope they put out an entry level car in similar price range to the C7.
914forme
QUOTE(thelogo @ Apr 12 2019, 06:31 PM) *

An 94 zr1 has 400

Like always your comparing an tangerine to a blood orange. The number listed is for the base stingray, not the ZR1 or RZR, or LOE8 or what ever they want to call it. The engine has the potential to make serious HP, current C7 makes 800HP with some help from a group called Ligenfelter. The C8 ZR will be far north of 500 HP and I think the Lignefelter clan will push it close to the 1000 HP number. After all Henesey has done it with a C7.

Future looks bright to me shades.gif
914forme
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 12 2019, 07:58 PM) *

I would imagine a lot of the modified and V8 conversion 914s will go on the market in the next couple of years.

I would like to keep the 914 but the others are seriously suspect...

I just hope they put out an entry level car in similar price range to the C7.

Word on the streets it will be $65,000ish base price. Bargain for what it is.
Cairo94507
I love it. I had an NSX before my 914-6 and mid-engine cars are the best. I can't wait to drive a C8. Not selling the Six. The only car that would get me to let the Six go is if a Ferrari Dino GT landed in my driveway. Not bloody likely. beerchug.gif
BIGKAT_83
The dealers are stuck with a lot full of 2019 Corvettes in my area that are not selling.
I could have got a new 2019 C7 base car for 44k out the door and the dealer had every color in stock.

Seems like everyone is waiting for the new C8
Superhawk996

Unfortunately, it will be out of my reach until decade later and they become a used commodity. Very pretty though. I think that design will age well. I'll look forward to the day I can consider one.

914 Ranch
The same bracket as a new Cayman for me. I might be able to work that out in ten years or so, as a used car for $40K
SirAndy
IPB Image

Somebody should make that a body kit for the 914 ...
biggrin.gif

Andyrew
Honestly I'm looking forward to strong cheap and available transaxles that have decent gearing... tongue.gif
Big Len
No manual trans unfortunately.
Cairo94507
Amazingly, that does not bother me at my age in addition to living in the SF Bay Area with stupid traffic almost all of the time. Additionally, I have come to love the dual-clutch auto in my Audi S3 and I am sure the C8 will be much better than that. beerchug.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I agree, times are changing. One day we will not even hear the traffic anymore!

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 13 2019, 06:16 AM) *

Amazingly, that does not bother me at my age in addition to living in the SF Bay Area with stupid traffic almost all of the time. Additionally, I have come to love the dual-clutch auto in my Audi S3 and I am sure the C8 will be much better than that. beerchug.gif

billh1963
QUOTE(914forme @ Apr 12 2019, 08:04 PM) *

Word on the streets it will be $65,000ish base price. Bargain for what it is.

That would be awesome! A C8 for the price of a base 718? Interesting proposition.

I just sold my 2017 3LT Stingray in preparation for getting something new.

The C7 is an awesome car and the build quality is VERY good. The C8 has the potential to give Porsche 718/992 a run for the money...especially at the current price levels and with their apparent push to hybrid/all electric drive.

A lot of people (most?) in the US really aren't ready for that at this time.

Click to view attachment
Valy
Great donor.
gandalf_025
Funny someone mentioned the first Gen ZR1.
The most un American Vette ever made.
Engine designed and cast by Lotus and a ZF transmission.
The Sticker Price on those was 60,000.00 in 1990.
Chevy Dealers we’re charging an additional 10,000.00
For the first ones coming to the dealership.
Can’t see them not doing that again...
They called it ADM on the paperwork..
Additional Dealer Markup....
Let’s see what ADM these get for a while..
EdwardBlume
Good to see the Pontiac Fierro come full circle... biggrin.gif
dflesburg
I don't think its a 65k car. I think the mid engine version will be 120+
thelogo
QUOTE(914forme @ Apr 12 2019, 05:02 PM) *

QUOTE(thelogo @ Apr 12 2019, 06:31 PM) *

An 94 zr1 has 400

Like always your comparing an tangerine to a blood orange. The number listed is for the base stingray, not the ZR1 or RZR, or LOE8 or what ever they want to call it. The engine has the potential to make serious HP, current C7 makes 800HP with some help from a group called Ligenfelter. The C8 ZR will be far north of 500 HP and I think the Lignefelter clan will push it close to the 1000 HP number. After all Henesey has done it with a C7.

Future looks bright to me shades.gif

500 will be enough for most drivers and too much for others but pitting the car against a 718 is kinda
Strange with the 4 vs 8
But im sure vet will be user friendly
mepstein
I read the top model will be twin turbo with an electric motor powering the front wheels. !000hp total.
thelogo
Is this going to be fiberglass or
Carbon fibres car

Because i would assume making the car out of carbon fiber will skyrocket the cost over fiber glass
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.