Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: interior cleaning
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rgalla9146
Check the difference.
Tom_T
After you get it all vacuumed off, then try some Folex on the spots & edge browning (test on a corner first). Spray on, soak 5 mins (longer if stubborn), then dab off with a soft absorbent cotton cloth like an old t-shirt, towel, etc.; & you may need to do it a couple of times with stubborn spots/staining. You don't want to rub nor brush that mousefur perlon in the headliner nor carpet, because it will make it unravel &/or "pill".

You can also use it on the carpet, if you're saving that too.

Folex is sold in gals & qt spray bottles at Home Depot etc., or order online from Waxie in Santa Ana CA.

I was able to pull 25-30 years of camping, coffee & cokes, & other kids grime off of our `88 Westfalia's upholstery & plush carpet with it, & it looks as new! smile.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Apr 12 2019, 07:52 PM) *

After you get it all vacuumed off, then try some Folex on the spots & edge browning (test on a corner first). Spray on, soak 5 mins (longer if stubborn), then dab off with a soft absorbent cotton cloth like an old t-shirt, towel, etc.; & you may need to do it a couple of times with stubborn spots/staining. You don't want to rub nor brush that mousefur perlon in the headliner nor carpet, because it will make it unravel &/or "pill".

You can also use it on the carpet, if you're saving that too.

Folex is sold in gals & qt spray bottles at Home Depot etc., or order online from Waxie in Santa Ana CA.

I was able to pull 25-30 years of camping, coffee & cokes, & other kids grime off of our `88 Westfalia's upholstery & plush carpet with it, & it looks as new! smile.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Thanks for the suggestions Tom
Coincidentally, I have an '89 Westy !
The interior is very clean but I'll put Folex on my to do list.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.