Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's the story on 2.0L green top fuel injectors?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Superhawk996
Been poking around a little bit and it seems 2.0L injectors are in short supply.

AA has them listed as back ordered. A few evilbay'ers seem to have them listed at $330 each which is crazy talk.

Any sources or tricks for bringing a dead one back to life?

I see rebuild services but that is basically just putting in a new micro-filter, a new pintle cap and an ultrasonic cleaning and flow rate check of working injectors.

Are there viable alternates for 2.0L injectors that are available?
CMONNETT
I bought a spare set of injectors from fiveomotorsport.com for my 73 with a 2056. I haven't installed them but they look pretty good. The flow rates show to be the same as the factory injectors.
mepstein
I would send them in for servicing to Mr Injector. If he gets them working, it's $17.50/each. If they don't work, it's no charge. I've sent him hundreds and been very satisfied with his service. He includes a before and after flow chart as well as all new consumable parts.
914Sixer
2.0 injectors from Bosch are NLA. There is one listed from Standard Motor Products as the FJ67. They run under $100 depending on where you shop. The injector nozzle is a 3 spray and Bosch is 1 spray. Not sure if that is important because it the the amount of flow that is critical. They seem to be plug and play. I know one of my friends is running them with no problem.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
you could send yours to fuel injection for a rebuild. We always have rebuilt ones but with no one sending back their cores are always struggling. We have about 40 at fuel injection being rebuilt, no rebuilt on the shelf, and only new aftermarket ones available right now for sale

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Apr 13 2019, 10:08 AM) *

Been poking around a little bit and it seems 2.0L injectors are in short supply.

AA has them listed as back ordered. A few evilbay'ers seem to have them listed at $330 each which is crazy talk.

Any sources or tricks for bringing a dead one back to life?

I see rebuild services but that is basically just putting in a new micro-filter, a new pintle cap and an ultrasonic cleaning and flow rate check of working injectors.

Are there viable alternates for 2.0L injectors that are available?
Bleyseng
What about yellow 1.7L ones as I have a box of 8. I also have two sets of cleaned and tested green 2.0L ones stashed.
Superhawk996
Thanks guys! You really are the best for helping with information. first.gif

Problem solved. Mark just posted some 2.0L NOS aftermarket injectors that I'll take off his hands.

I'll send my iffy injectors to MR injector as suggested and we'll see what comes back with a clean bill of health (if any). Depending on where I go from there, I may post up a few of the the serviced injectors on classifieds and I'll keep a couple myself as spare.

Maybe with a little luck I'll get my 2.0L back to FI. driving.gif
Chi-town
RC injection can test, clean and flow any top feed injector
rjames
Just sent all of mine to WitchHunter.
Lots of good info on their site and look to be very thorough. $22 each includes new seals installed.
https://www.witchhunter.com

Will post up a review when I get them back.
Superhawk996
Thanks guys.

I'm sending mine to Mr Injector for two reasons.

@mepstein

1) Because they were recommended by mepstein.
2) Because I lived out in Idaho near where Mr Injector is located and love being able to throw some work out that way.

I'll post later on how many they revive.
bbrock
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Apr 14 2019, 08:52 AM) *

2) Because I lived out in Idaho near where Mr Injector is located and love being able to throw some work out that way.

We appreciate that beerchug.gif I plan to drop all my injectors off in person the next time I drive out to Seattle and pick them up on the way home. No postage, even better. Plus, I want to find out if his last name is really Injector lol-2.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(bbrock @ Apr 14 2019, 12:23 PM) *

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Apr 14 2019, 08:52 AM) *

We appreciate that beerchug.gif I plan to drop all my injectors off in person the next time I drive out to Seattle and pick them up on the way home. No postage, even better. Plus, I want to find out if his last name is really Injector lol-2.gif

I’ve never met the owner -Bill- in person but he’s been super in all our transactions.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(bbrock @ Apr 14 2019, 12:23 PM) *

FYI - if you get a chance to stop for dinner - just outside Coeur d'Alene at the Harrison exit is a place called Wolf Lodge Inn. Best steaks ever! Make a reservation they are usually full!

http://wolflodgesteakhouse.com/directions.html
Amphicar770
My understanding is that if they are leaking they are junk. Is that correct?

Took a while but I was able to find NOS on Ebay at decent price. Replaced the original hoses with FI hose which local hydraulic shop was able to properly crimp, no worm clamps.
mepstein
QUOTE(Amphicar770 @ Apr 14 2019, 01:28 PM) *

My understanding is that if they are leaking they are junk. Is that correct?

Took a while but I was able to find NOS on Ebay at decent price. Replaced the original hoses with FI hose which local hydraulic shop was able to properly crimp, no worm clamps.

Yes, leaking are no good.
Just make sure it’s a leak at the body and not the hose.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.