Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deve’s or Goetze rings for 2.0L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lonewolfe
I have a nice set of Euro Kolbenschmidt flat top 94.0mm 2.0L pistons & cylinders and want to know if Deves or Goetze are the preferred rings for these pistons. Both are available. What’s been your experience?
Mark Henry
Both are good choices, Deves seat way faster, Goetze are hard as hell and can take 1000+ miles to fully seat. With the goetze don't worry about the oil consumption till you have around 2k miles on the engine.
Any ring brand make sure you use a dino oil for brake in.
lonewolfe
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 14 2019, 05:42 AM) *

Both are good choices, Deves seat way faster, Goetze are hard as hell and can take 1000+ miles to fully seat. With the goetze don't worry about the oil consumption till you have around 2k miles on the engine.

Thanks Mark! I do know about using Brad Penn oil for the break-in. That’s the kind of information I need about the rings too! Sounds like Deves is the way to go.
Mark Henry
Measure your ring groves or old rings before you order, IIRC there's a couple different thicknesses of rings.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Apr 15 2019, 12:51 AM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 14 2019, 05:42 AM) *

Thanks Mark! I do know about using Brad Penn oil for the break-in. That’s the kind of information I need about the rings too! Sounds like Deves is the way to go.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.