Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Top Fuel hoses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tmc914
Hi All. My 1973 signal orange is out of winter storage and I am ready to start this years projects. Making a list of parts needed and trying to figure out what I need.Not sure what the part numbers are or where to find them. Didn't find on 914rubber or AutoAtlanta but did find these on AA AAA20100074 but they are for lower fuel lines.I plan on replacing the blower motor and already have the refurbished one and will get the 914rubber air grill and gasket kit "while I'm there".Anyone know what the part numbers are for those three hoses? The skinny one and the 2 fat ones and where to find them? Mine are looking a bit old and I expect them to fall apart when I take things apart.
Click to view attachment
johnlush
Look here: Bel-Metric

Compare ID and OD to what you have. They have lots of stuff that's applicable to our cars.

John
tmc914
That is funny, I live only a few miles from Bel-Metric. Last year I walked in there looking for a metric nut and they started to freak out. The counter guy was nice enough and said, "you can't just walk in here, you have to order online". He said that things have changed and because of insurance or something people can no longer just walk up to them and order. I think you can still pick up an order there, not sure. The guy was so nice and just gave me the nut I needed for free. If only I knew what size I needed.
SKL1
Good thing to know- add it in right after McMaster/Carr!
porschetub
Measure all your I.D.'s and check on Pelican ,they have a huge range of cloth covered hose for various cars they list parts for,cheers.
TheCabinetmaker
All the vw suppliers carry those hoses. Even vw shops will have an inventory on hand.
bdstone914
QUOTE(tmc914 @ Apr 14 2019, 05:19 PM) *

Hi All. My 1973 signal orange is out of winter storage and I am ready to start this years projects. Making a list of parts needed and trying to figure out what I need.Not sure what the part numbers are or where to find them. Didn't find on 914rubber or AutoAtlanta but did find these on AA AAA20100074 but they are for lower fuel lines.I plan on replacing the blower motor and already have the refurbished one and will get the 914rubber air grill and gasket kit "while I'm there".Anyone know what the part numbers are for those three hoses? The skinny one and the 2 fat ones and where to find them? Mine are looking a bit old and I expect them to fall apart when I take things apart.
Click to view attachment

The large ones should be 12mm and the small 4mm. Pelican carryies both fabric brain and smooth cover hoses in those sizes. As I recall the 12mm is about $12 a foot for fabric. If you do not care about originality the smooth rubber cover hose is better.
Bruce
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we have all of the individual vacuum lines for the evaporative system individually detailed in our factory authorized hard parts drawings.
Since we restore 914s here every day, it is very important that we have every part we need here to do a thorough job and or a solution to any 914 stock problem

QUOTE(tmc914 @ Apr 14 2019, 05:19 PM) *

Click to view attachment
tmc914
Thanks folks, with the knowledge and info you just gave me with your answers, I have the confidence to tackle this job. Getting list together of jobs I can do and jobs to farm out to a mechanic. The more I can do myself the more fun and more money saved to do even more.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.