Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Source for windshield?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
andreic
Hello,

my 1972 914 1.7L is undergoing some rust repair around the windshield frame. As part of this process I thought I would also replace the windshield. Does anyone know of a source for good, relatively inexpensive 914 windshields? My local body shop that does the work (and specializes in restorations) has not been able so far to locate one. (We were hoping to get it here in Madison, WI for under $300 shipped.)

Thanks,
Andrei.
mepstein
Did you call an auto glass shop. They can usually get them ~$200
scallyk9
A little above your budget but I sourced one from ProSource Glass at around $315 (I think). Shipping was combined with a larger order to a Seattle restoration shop and ended up reasonable. I went this route because the windshields were Semperit. We had zero installation problems. There should be a thread somewhere on here from when ProSource did a group buy.
mb911
I know I need one and @mlinder needs one maybe the 3 of us could all get one shipped in??
914_7T3
@mb911 @andreic

Decide for yourself if ProSource is the way you want to go. Just sharing my experience.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;hl=windshield
roblav1
I need one too.
Biggles
Your Porsche Classic Centre will do these - I’ve had 3 off them. V reasonable price (for a Porsche )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.