Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS - Parts that can go to Hershey
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ChrisG914
I can bring the following to Hershey.

73 Front Trunk Lid - $100
Rear Deck lids - $250.00
73 Doors shells - $125 each
These are good pieces without rust that will need some shop time to be ready for paint.

Engine lid and grill - $150.00
Perfect condition lid and grill that was removed right after paint to be replaced but a GT double grill lid. It is so pretty I was going to hang it on the wall with my early 911 lid.

Front Spoiler - $25.00.
Needs a little prep work but not bad.

15 inch "Minilites" - $650 for the 5 wheels.
Frankly I don't know if they are Minilites or not but lets assume they are not. There are 4 matching that are in very good condition and can be mounted as they are on a nice driver. I see no markings on these. The 5th with the spinner center cap (cap not included) was to be my spare and is a different brand.

ChrisG914
I'll try to get the F&R lids and door pics posted tomorrow.
Freezin 914
Wheels look like Empi
nditiz1
If you feel like ridding yourself of those EMPI's I could take them off your hands. Not going to offer close to what you are asking only what they are worth to me not to drive 45 minutes to Bethesda to get them since I'm going to Hershey - $100, They will go good on one of my 4 lug beetles.

Same as these posted locally. Also, new from CIP1 they are I think $90 new.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/wto...6867984549.html
stophos
[quote name='nditiz1' date='Apr 17 2019, 02:23 PM' post='2706212']
If you feel like ridding yourself of those EMPI's I could take them off your hands. Not going to offer close to what you are asking only what they are worth to me not to drive 45 minutes to Bethesda to get them since I'm going to Hershey - $100, They will go good on one of my 4 lug beetles.

That is either a really pathetic offer and a great Craigslist deal, or these wheels are close to worthless. Regardless they are really nice and the best looking wheels on the 914 in my opinion. I never would have removed them if I wasn't going for 100% original on my 73. If you are correct then I would just keep them for the next 914 I get that can be other then original.

For now they are $650 (which may be ridiculous) or best reasonable offer ( BRO in my possibly jaded view)

Thanks - Chris

PS - If you are a kid (<18) with a 914 and can prove it and show me your 914 at Hershey and promise you will use them, I would give them to you for free.

nditiz1
[quote name='stophos' date='Apr 18 2019, 07:54 AM' post='2706429']

That is either a really pathetic offer and a great Craigslist deal, or these wheels are close to worthless. Regardless they are really nice and the best looking wheels on the 914 in my opinion. I never would have removed them if I wasn't going for 100% original on my 73. If you are correct then I would just keep them for the next 914 I get that can be other then original.

For now they are $650 (which may be ridiculous) or best reasonable offer ( BRO in my possibly jaded view)

Thanks - Chris

PS - If you are a kid (<18) with a 914 and can prove it and show me your 914 at Hershey and promise you will use them, I would give them to you for free.
[/quote]

It's not a pathetic offer, it's just an offer. Unless it can be proven that the wheels above are from the old days when EMPI was actually a good company then they are either EMPI branded American Eagle 4 lugs or something else. Regardless they are an inexpensive wheel that fetch as little as a set of 4 lug VW steelies. Are they decent looking wheels, sure, for a volkswagen beetle. For a 914, something with a little more sophistication and class, I would put nothing less than what the factory was producing for them. As far as I know, with all my 914 books on originality, these were never an option. Also, everyone has opinions about them on the 914 and while you are entitled to it you must be smoking something if you think they look better than a nice set of 5 lug Fuchs.

Chris - you are not really into the 914 scene, you are more of a 911 guy unless all your posts on Pelican are a front. I no longer own my 914, but do own a 911 as well as several 4 lug beetles and a 5 lug. Real 914 owners don't let their friends put these wheels on a 914 unless its to move it around in the driveway biggrin.gif

PS - I'm double 18
PSS - Why do you have 2 screen names on this site?
PSSS - I'd buy this set shipped for less and they are factory new "BRO"! (sorry not from jersey)

https://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?Pr...ctCode=C13-9682

Chi-town
Those wheels are in the same category as Riveras , they cheap knock offs that nobody wants except for rollers. $100 is a decent offer considering what they normally sell for. I have a set that I offered to give away for $50 and nobody would touch them so they are currently used as a table.

If you didn't like his offer a simple no thank you would have sufficed.
roblav1
I have a set that I'd give away... but no takers yet at "free you pick up"!
mepstein
Chris - I'm not trying to pile on. $100 is pretty good for these wheels. I hope you have a good and successful time at Hershey. beerchug.gif Mark
stophos
[quote name='nditiz1' date='Apr 19 2019, 07:37 AM' post='2706679']
[quote name='stophos' date='Apr 18 2019, 07:54 AM' post='2706429']

Thanks - Chris

[/quote]

It's not a pathetic offer, it's just an offer. Unless it can be proven that the wheels above are from the old days when EMPI was actually a good company then they are either EMPI branded American Eagle 4 lugs or something else. Regardless they are an inexpensive wheel that fetch as little as a set of 4 lug VW steelies. Are they decent looking wheels, sure, for a volkswagen beetle. For a 914, something with a little more sophistication and class, I would put nothing less than what the factory was producing for them. As far as I know, with all my 914 books on originality, these were never an option. Also, everyone has opinions about them on the 914 and while you are entitled to it you must be smoking something if you think they look better than a nice set of 5 lug Fuchs.

Chris - you are not really into the 914 scene, you are more of a 911 guy unless all your posts on Pelican are a front. I no longer own my 914, but do own a 911 as well as several 4 lug beetles and a 5 lug. Real 914 owners don't let their friends put these wheels on a 914 unless its to move it around in the driveway biggrin.gif

PS - I'm double 18
PSSS - I'd buy this set shipped for less and they are factory new "BRO"! (sorry not from jersey)

https://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?Pr...ctCode=C13-9682
[/quote

Entirely too much writing going on here.. You missed the humor. It was all tongue in cheek. AS in big cheesy smiles.

Being that they are almost worthless I will save them because I like the look so much,

Or

I really will give them to a kid along with everything else I have listed for a 914 and most everything else I have for a 914 that I won't need. I am not bringing them at this point because I am packed but we can work that out later. Who here has or knows a kid that likes 914"s?

Thanks - Chris
stophos
"Chris - you are not really into the 914 scene, you are more of a 911 guy unless all your posts on Pelican are a front".

I have had 3 914's including a 914/6 with a 3.2 narrow bodied sleeper. I had a 76 I sold and I have a Ravena 73 that I own for about 12 years and did a nut and bolt restoration on. I really like 914's but they were hard to justify the cost of restoration. That has changed somewhat but not like the 911's.
Yes will see me on Pelican much more and I have quite a collection of 911's and 911 parts, but I do love to drive a good 914.
As for my posts being a front on Pelican, go do the math on what I purchased in the last year you would likely shit yourself. If that's how you front then yes I must be fronting.

"I no longer own my 914"
SORRY

"but do own a 911"
NICE that you are still involved with Porsche and not just a stalker

"as well as several 4 lug beetles and a 5 lug."
LOVE Beetles but I never owned one. I'll have to retifiy that.

"Real 914 owners don't let their friends put these wheels on a 914 unless its to move it around in the driveway biggrin.gif -
Then why would you put them on a Beetle? Are those friends of a lessor value

PS - I'm double 18 -
FWIW I am older

If you must know and since you have outed me, because some years ago I couldn't log into Stophos no matter how I tried and who I reached out to for help, so I set up a new account. Then one day stophos started to work again.

PSSS - I'd buy this set shipped for less....
Well $119.99 x 5 is pretty close smile.gif and those are the new crappy unsafe ones I understand. smile.gif

"and they are factory new "BRO"! (sorry not from jersey)
BRO = Best reasonable offer. I don't think that is a Jersey thing. (although my son called me bro once and he is from Jersey. hmm... Maybe I can't use the acronym any longer as it seems to be confusing...)

Guys I'm just another Porsche guy who has had every air cooled non race car model and various 944's. I don't think having other than 914's precludes me from being here, but (My antagonist (just kidding - Tongue in cheek) doesn't even have a 914 anymore and he is here.) feel free to ban me and my fake ass wheels....

Okay so this has been nice distraction. Thank you for your time and allowing me my dalliance.

- Chris
nditiz1
Sorry - meant to say I no longer have a running 914. Got a 75 rust bucket that doesn't run nor is it safe to drive even if it did.

With all that said I'll see you at Hershey, come by, shake your hand. Hell, maybe have a beer with ya drunk.gif
stophos
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Apr 19 2019, 04:33 PM) *

Sorry - meant to say I no longer have a running 914. Got a 75 rust bucket that doesn't run nor is it safe to drive even if it did.

With all that said I'll see you at Hershey, come by, shake your hand. Hell, maybe have a beer with ya drunk.gif

Sounds like a plan. Not sure on the beer at Hershey but if you have them I’m in.
Stophos at aol

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.