Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need another trunk torsion bar roller
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oakdalecurtis
I need another metal trunk torsion bar roller, can’t remember where I got this one in the picture. Would like another one just like it. Should have bought 2 long ago. Anyone recognize it or the source?

Click to view attachment
jcd914
I think we used to order then from Automotion but that was a long time ago.
I have a metal one that is damaged (it stuck and the spring wore a flat spot) and needed replacing so I just ordered a set of plastic ones from 914rubber.

I'll look to see if I still have the other metal one from the other side that was not damaged. If I have it you are welcome to it free of charge.

Jim
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Apr 17 2019, 04:52 PM) *

I think we used to order then from Automotion but that was a long time ago.
I have a metal one that is damaged (it stuck and the spring wore a flat spot) and needed replacing so I just ordered a set of plastic ones from 914rubber.

I'll look to see if I still have the other metal one from the other side that was not damaged. If I have it you are welcome to it free of charge.

Jim

Thanks JC, will wait to see if you find it...
PanelBilly
I think I have a set but I may not be able to look for them till next week.
jcd914
I found them.
You can see one is worn badly, PO forced on to a hinge pin that was already worn from the spring rubbing the pin directly with no roller at all.

I will probably replace the hinge before I install the plastic rollers I got from 914rubber.

Curtis, PM me a mailing address and I'll send the good one.

Thanks
Jim

PS, my sister, brother in law and nephew live in Oakdale.

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
Yes these are a sacrificial part and they do wear. Even the metal ones. The delrin still holds up well too.
Superhawk996
Could easily be duplicated manually on a lathe for about 1hr with of machinist time. I’m surprised someone isn’t doing these in bulk via CNC for sale.
Mikey914
Someone is
https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/search/?q=Rollers
rgalla9146
These have been on my car for 30 plus years.
Don't know where they came from.
Based on design and lifespan this should be the prototype for any new
product.
I'll gladly provide info to any maker.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we never sold the metal ones nor brass as they wear out the trunk torsion rod. Always the delrin plastic, have PLENTY of them on the shelf at all times if you cannot find one anywhere, please make sure you install with grease and lube the shoulder bolt where it pivots on the trunk hinge to avoid a costly failure of the cup
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.