Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 at BHCC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Tdskip
Actually looks decent at first glance.

https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1970-po...14-6-c-9813.htm
rjames
Not a '70 as advertised, unless they added the 2.0 badge for some strange reason. The whole thing looks a bit of a mess to me. Worst paint job ever. Love how they painted the wiper arms. WTF.gif
SierraNevada
It’s got a 1972 911 S motor with mfi! That motor is worth 20k
Crudbud
Perhaps a Modified VW with a surf rack? Nice bus!
bobt4945
how can you tell it's a 72 S motor? I could find any numbers in the pictures
EdwardBlume
No dash vent, and tits. Left side ignition though. Looks like an old build of a neglected /6 at best, or something else at worse. Need a VIN.
pete000
Has some bones, but the price of entry is a bit high for what it needs.
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(EdwardBlume @ Apr 19 2019, 07:04 AM) *

No dash vent, and tits. Left side ignition though. Looks like an old build of a neglected /6 at best, or something else at worse. Need a VIN.

If it's a real 6 they seem to have gone out of their way to make it look like a 4, or a water cooled conversion from the underside. sad.gif
brownaar
Front trunk looks like a later model, and jack is in the wrong spot for a 70 if memory serves me correctly.
Aaron
rhodyguy
Nice patina. Esp the door. Something weird with the lower dash bolster too.
Retroracer
agree.gif

Looks like a real six was a donor car and the parts built into a later chassis. Engine mount, ignition key is correct but the trunk, interior floor and front trunk are all late model.

Probably why its not advertised for $139K.

- Tony
Tdskip
QUOTE(Retroracer @ Apr 19 2019, 08:32 PM) *

agree.gif

Looks like a real six was a donor car and the parts built into a later chassis. Engine mount, ignition key is correct but the trunk, interior floor and front trunk are all late model.

- Tony

Oh my
Mikey914
Unless they removed it it's missing the hand throttle and looks like it was never there.
Highly suspect of vin swap with all the factors adding up. Fuel mount mount and front trunk ....ect
SierraNevada
2.4l with mfi with red fan shroud = 911s motor ‘72 and ‘73
73-914
Why would you put Tits on a 6?
porschetub
Whole cars a bit of a mess really sad.gif .
Tdskip
Agreed on that.

I guess the question is if you can de-mess it and would that be worthwhile?

If it’s been reshelled my guess it is becomes just another 6 conversation.... curious what you all think if it was “just” a replacement front clip as far as impact to value.
Dominic
Agreed, it's a poor VIN swap...AKA fake -6. They used a 73-74 chassis, from the underside on the firewall you can see it was an original side shift car. The jack location is a dead give away as well as the front trunk shelf.
If you look real close, you can see where they welded in the new VIN in those pics.
But they kept the 7300 RPM redline 911 "S" tach to go with the engine.

I can't believe they didn't even spring for the 914-6 badges.

Nice pile of parts barf.gif

Bobby Smith
QUOTE(SierraNevada @ Apr 19 2019, 07:21 PM) *

2.4l with mfi with red fan shroud = 911s motor ‘72 and ‘73

If you look close that red shroud appears to be a yellow (T) shroud that someone painted red. It's chipping off on the left side near the injectors.
rhodyguy
How does this place get away with this?
Tdskip
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 21 2019, 04:06 PM) *

How does this place get away with this?

It’s nearly 100%l likely they bought it like that - and they’d disclose if you ask. They Photo document their cars like that for a reason.
jagalyn
The paint isn’t too good of a match. Hue is too blue.

Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
'Nearly' biggrin.gif sort of like being 'a little pregnant'. There are cars in the classifieds that are 3x the car for a whole lot less money. The pass side fender patina is spectacular. A $90k+ real 6 is a better deal. A 30k 4 too. I can't believe I wrote that. Times certainly have changed.
Tdskip
I saw this car in person last week when I was up there.

It’s bad, rusty.
gms
This body is not likely a 914/6, jack in the wrong place, front bulkhead reinforcement (started in 73) and retractable seat belts. Also the seam sealer is not correct for early cars.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
Isn't that front nose panel rounded reinforcement 1974 ?
mepstein
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 24 2019, 07:07 PM) *

Isn't that front nose panel rounded reinforcement 1974 ?

Yep. Not on early cars.
Fatboy007
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Apr 19 2019, 09:23 PM) *

QUOTE(Retroracer @ Apr 19 2019, 08:32 PM) *

agree.gif

- Tony

Oh my

True Dat blink.gif
Racer
Cut out the cage and the car likely splits in half happy11.gif

There's a whole lot going on with that one and well, its not all good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.