Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sticking ignition
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JFG
The ignition barrell stuck inwards today after taking the key and would let the key back in until it popped out.

Is this an easy fix? squirt of silicone spray or something?
ctc911ctc
I have the same thing, a few weeks after replacing the ignition switch.....have not gone back in yet.

QUOTE(JFG @ Apr 20 2019, 12:36 PM) *

The ignition barrell stuck inwards today after taking the key and would let the key back in until it popped out.

914Sixer
Original had some white grease in there. The lock slide is what may need grease. Lock has to be pulled to do that. More than likely the plastic ignition portion of the lock has broken, not letting the spring return.
Dave_Darling
Mine will do that sometimes; I just wiggle the key and it pops out. I probably should get around to replacing it some time.

--DD
bandjoey
A really worn key will also cause a sticking key. A light lube not to attract dirt is best...a real locksmith uses dry graphite. A real locksmith can either read the cuts on your old key and code cut a new one, or cut a new key to say, the trunk lock.

Spoke ( i think that's him) offers a complete lock and key rebuild service too.
wndsrfr
QUOTE(JFG @ Apr 20 2019, 10:36 AM) *

Next time it happens just jiggle the steering wheel a bit and it will likely pop out...I think it's the steering wheel lock that is a bit sticky...
dr914@autoatlanta.com
there is a small spring under the black y shaped cover. Lube the lock barrel and clean the spring perch and it should work just fine again

QUOTE(JFG @ Apr 20 2019, 11:36 AM) *

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.