Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New carpet install, mystery rectangle piece.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scottthephotog
Hello everyone,

I'm installing new carpet in the interior. The previous owner removed all of the carpet, so I've been driving a rather empty looking car for the past couple of months.

I figured out all the pieces except for one. It's a rectangular piece, 7 inches by 16 1/2 inches. No idea where it goes. Was at a local meet this morning, and no one there knew either. Figured I'd see if you guys could help.

Click to view attachment

Thanks!
Tom_T
At the firewall above the pedals ....

Click to view attachment

I'm surprised they didn't include a pic like above or instructions with the it!? huh.gif

PS Scott - as a photog, I'm surprised that you didn't whip out a camera before you removed the old one! Note to self - "Shoot everything first before & during disassembly on my 914." wink.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
scottthephotog
Thanks Tom!

That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure. No photos or instructions, but I had seen that photo floating around somewhere once.

If I had removed the old carpet, I would have. The previous owner took out the old carpet.
tmessenger
I just did new carpet and that piece goes above the pedal board or at least it did on my car. There's a vertical metal area there.
scottthephotog
QUOTE(tmessenger @ Apr 20 2019, 06:50 PM) *

I just did new carpet and that piece goes above the pedal board or at least it did on my car. There's a vertical metal area there.

Perfect. Thanks!
mepstein
Very few suppliers include instructions for replacement parts. Luckily, all the info is available on the net.
bdstone914
QUOTE(scottthephotog @ Apr 20 2019, 02:50 PM) *

Hello everyone,

I'm installing new carpet in the interior. The previous owner removed all of the carpet, so I've been driving a rather empty looking car for the past couple of months.

I figured out all the pieces except for one. It's a rectangular piece, 7 inches by 16 1/2 inches. No idea where it goes. Was at a local meet this morning, and no one there knew either. Figured I'd see if you guys could help.

Thanks!

@scottthephotog
Where did you buy the carpet kit ?
Bruce
scottthephotog
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 2 2019, 09:36 AM) *

Where did you buy the carpet kit ?
Bruce

Hello Bruce,

I didn't buy it. It came with the car. I'll double check the folder of paperwork and receipts from the previous owner, but I don't recall seeing one for the carpet.

There are several carpet kits that show up on Google searches. Some have holes pre-cut for an additional charge, and others do not. Mine did not have holes pre-cut. It was simple enough to cut holes where needed and in my opinion, not worth spending more for carpets with pre-cut holes.

- Scott
frankieshooz
ok I know this may sound dumb but 10 pieces..why? wouldn't it make more sense to make this out of 1-3 pieces? Has anybody done this? I'm looking at pic and wondering if the whole middle thing could be made and bound for a much cleaner look and easier to maintain carpet....
bdstone914
QUOTE(frankieshooz @ May 6 2019, 09:27 PM) *

ok I know this may sound dumb but 10 pieces..why? wouldn't it make more sense to make this out of 1-3 pieces? Has anybody done this? I'm looking at pic and wondering if the whole middle thing could be made and bound for a much cleaner look and easier to maintain carpet....

No. No puropse to make less pieces. Not at all practical. Look at where the pieces go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.