Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adjustable Koni front insert ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tmessenger
My car was converted to 5 lug before I purchased it. On the front they used early 911 parts with Koni adjustable inserts. There's an adjuster on the top of the shock shaft for rebound dampening this is obvious the question is: Did Koni also make an insert that is two way adjustable for the early 911? This would have a screw adjuster at the bottom of the insert for compression dampening? Don't want to pull them apart if they do not have this adjustment.

On the rear they used Koni 82K-1722 shocks and I know I have to pull them off to adjust them.

Thanks,

Tim
rgalla9146
QUOTE(tmessenger @ Apr 20 2019, 08:02 PM) *

My car was converted to 5 lug before I purchased it. On the front they used early 911 parts with Koni adjustable inserts. There's an adjuster on the top of the shock shaft for rebound dampening this is obvious the question is: Did Koni also make an insert that is two way adjustable for the early 911? This would have a screw adjuster at the bottom of the insert for compression dampening? Don't want to pull them apart if they do not have this adjustment.

On the rear they used Koni 82K-1722 shocks and I know I have to pull them off to adjust them.

Thanks,

Tim

Most Koni fronts are adjustable.
Years ago I found a handy tool to adjust them in place.
The 22mm top nut is removed, the tool is threaded onto the shaft, the tool is then pushed down through the top mount to seat the shaft. At that point the shaft can be rotated for adjustment.
The tool is pictured. As I recall it is called....get this....The Adjuster.
Some Koni rears are adjustable.
Pictured is the top of one version. The white knob allows adjustment in place.
There is another version that has two adjustments....known as 'double adjustable'
No longer available. Very hard to find.
rgalla9146
other
tmessenger
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Apr 22 2019, 02:50 PM) *

other

Yes this is the style adjuster I have on the front, I used a small crescent wrench to adjust them to soft much better now. The rears I had to pull them, remove the springs and push the shaft to the bottom and turn to set them, all good now.

Thanks,

Tim
rhodyguy
Paragon Products has the koni knobs for the fronts. Cheap.
tmessenger
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 22 2019, 07:44 PM) *

Paragon Products has the koni knobs for the fronts. Cheap.

Thanks for the link.

Tim
bdstone914
Koni inserts are only adjustable for rebound.
Bruce
tmessenger
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 23 2019, 10:02 AM) *

Koni inserts are only adjustable for rebound.
Bruce

Thanks for the info Bruce you've saved me the trouble of pulling an insert to check.

Tim
sixnotfour
anything can be done ,,knobalogy,,true choice use to do em..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.