Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Good 7 Pin AFM
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rbzymek
I am looking for a 7 pin AFM for a 1975 1.8L. I am converting back to FI. Since the AFM is the most important sensor, how do I make sure I am getting a functional reasonably calibrated part? Thanks in advance.
Ray
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(rbzymek @ Apr 21 2019, 06:58 AM) *

I am looking for a 7 pin AFM for a 1975 1.8L. I am converting back to FI. Since the AFM is the most important sensor, how do I make sure I am getting a functional reasonably calibrated part? Thanks in advance.
Ray

It either works or it doesn't. You can ohm test like they show in the factory manual. But if the wiper contacts are worn, all you can do is replace it.

I have many spare AFMs. PM me to discuss it.

Clay
rbzymek
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 21 2019, 07:53 AM) *

Ray

It either works or it doesn't. You can ohm test like they show in the factory manual. But if the wiper contacts are worn, all you can do is replace it.

Clay

Hi Clay,
Thanks for your offer to help. I now have two AFM's, a 6-pin and a 7-pin. The sales person at AutoAtlanta advised that the there is only one 7-pin part number and that it will work on the (1975) 1.8L. (He also said that the covers (and part numbers) are often mixed up in the shuffle so they cannot always be relied to determine what you have.) I applied a battery to the 7-pin wiper circuit and observed a smooth continuous voltage ramp as the vane was rotated. The 6-pin AFM that I have seems larger and it has a different mounting footprint to the air box. I am having difficulty in locating an air cleaner for the 7-pin AFM. All of the 1.8 documentation that I found seems to point to the air cleaner that would fit the 6-pin unit. Any thoughts?
Regards,
Ray
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(rbzymek @ Apr 24 2019, 08:53 AM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 21 2019, 07:53 AM) *

Ray

Clay

Hi Clay,
Thanks for your offer to help. I now have two AFM's, a 6-pin and a 7-pin. The sales person at AutoAtlanta advised that the there is only one 7-pin part number and that it will work on the (1975) 1.8L. (He also said that the covers (and part numbers) are often mixed up in the shuffle so they cannot always be relied to determine what you have.) I applied a battery to the 7-pin wiper circuit and observed a smooth continuous voltage ramp as the vane was rotated. The 6-pin AFM that I have seems larger and it has a different mounting footprint to the air box. I am having difficulty in locating an air cleaner for the 7-pin AFM. All of the 1.8 documentation that I found seems to point to the air cleaner that would fit the 6-pin unit. Any thoughts?
Regards,
Ray

I have a bottom; free for price of shipping
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.