Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: J P Group (Dansk) Tail LIght Lens
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
Looking at trying out a set of the Dansk tail light lens. They only come in European style. Seller on Ebay at $129 each shipped.
Chi-town
I've got a clean set of US lenses for cheaper if you don't want Euro
mb911
Mark,

I have not. I am suprised now we have Dansk, AA, and 914 rubber making those rear lenses. I have no experience with Dansk or 914 rubber ones but the AA ones are very nice..
76-914
So are the ones from 914rubber. beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
I saw some that Sierra Madre had rear lenses for sale at the LA show a few moths ago. They looked exceptionally well made. Of course no Hella marking. Aside from that they looked terrific and were, I believe, about $250 for the pair. They had two flavors- Europen and USA versions. I wanted to buy the Euro ones but right now my money is going to completing the car. I have a near perfect set of Hella USA taillight lenses on the car and they will have to do for now.
Mikey914
We have not actually made these. We bought quantity from Sierra Madre, which was also reportedly the source AA had.
There was talk that these came from a mold neither of them own. I suspect that they are all the same at this point.

Fitment was better than the original AA ones that were glued, but it’s ok at best. We had modified seals that we sold with these to help this, but they are ok. Just not as good as the OEM.
mb911
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 21 2019, 08:24 AM) *

We have not actually made these. We bought quantity from Sierra Madre, which was also reportedly the source AA had.
There was talk that these came from a mold neither of them own. I suspect that they are all the same at this point.

Fitment was better than the original AA ones that were glued, but it’s ok at best. We had modified seals that we sold with these to help this, but they are ok. Just not as good as the OEM.

Ah ha that makes sense..
defianty
I see that these ones have the correct indicator sections that aren't clear like the US ones. I've seen some Euro versions that look like they've been moulded from the US lights that have the clear red section on the edges.

Correct Euro reproduction - From Sierra Madre.
IPB Image

These ones are on ebay. And have the clear indicator section. I've never seen an original Hella version like this. Are these made like this for a particular reason?
IPB Image
Mark Henry
The wife's car came with two brand new original Hella's, Woo-hoo!
I'd be interested to see a good pic of the indicator wrap around edge on the repros.
mepstein
QUOTE(defianty @ Apr 21 2019, 01:52 PM) *

I see that these ones have the correct indicator sections that aren't clear like the US ones. I've seen some Euro versions that look like they've been moulded from the US lights that have the clear red section on the edges.

Correct Euro reproduction - From Sierra Madre.
IPB Image

These ones are on ebay. And have the clear indicator section. I've never seen an original Hella version like this. Are these made like this for a particular reason?
IPB Image

The ones that are clear on the end were the first version made by AA.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
these are from a company in Italy, we are getting some in to test them

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 21 2019, 05:24 AM) *

Looking at trying out a set of the Dansk tail light lens. They only come in European style. Seller on Ebay at $129 each shipped.
Chris914n6
Starting to wish I had gone back to SEMA on the last day to snag the one made in India.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
who in India had it?

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Apr 22 2019, 11:48 AM) *

Starting to wish I had gone back to SEMA on the last day to snag the one made in India.
Chris914n6
I'd have to look up the manufacturer on a booth map. I'm sure the parts are on the market, so you'd have to buy from the owner anyways. I wasn't going to pay 20k for a mold to compete.

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 22 2019, 12:42 PM) *

who in India had it?

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Apr 22 2019, 11:48 AM) *

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.