Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Drive Axle/ CV joints
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Morph914
After having a hell of a time getting one of my CV joints off, a little light went off in my head. I realized that this was the unit I took to a shop about a month ago to have the hub pressed off. And while I was waiting I heard a loud bang and shortly after the guy came out with my axle and separated hub,I remember thinking, I sure hope nothing was damaged.
Well, sure enough this would have been the end that hit the ground after being pressed out headbang.gif This is why I hate anyone else working on my stuff.

Anyway, I now need to replace this damaged axle and I also need 2 good used CV joints

Also can the CV joint pictured be reused if I switch it to the opposite side where the bearing will live on the other side? This was the only pitted area I found after inspection.

Click to view attachment

Cheers,
John
Chi-town
I have a ton of axles, you pay shipping you can have one
Dion
John I’m in PA. A little closer to ya. I have 2 axles sitting on the shelf
used. Cover shipping their yours. Let me know.
Cheers
Morph914
Thank you Chi-town, I am going to contact Dion since he is a little closer. You guys are very kind! I will be passing on the favors to many when finished with my build.

John
Morph914
QUOTE(Dion @ Apr 22 2019, 06:41 AM) *

John I’m in PA. A little closer to ya. I have 2 axles sitting on the shelf
used. Cover shipping their yours. Let me know.
Cheers

PM sent
Thanks,
John
Dion
John packaged up and ready to ship. I’ll hit the post office tomorrow.
Morph914
QUOTE(Dion @ Apr 22 2019, 11:15 AM) *

John packaged up and ready to ship. I’ll hit the post office tomorrow.

Thank you biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.