Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat Belt Clip?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FlacaProductions
See the little clip under the buckle that holds it up where it's easily grabbed?

My first 73 had these (I think...) but my 74 does not.
Were these OEM and where can I get two?!

(Sorry - pic liberated from another thread...)

Click to view attachment
johnlush
They are OEM and I seem to remember that they have a 928 part number. Try this:

Seat Belt Stay
FlacaProductions
That's great - thank you. I couldn't come up with the right name - "stay" is what I was looking for...
Valy
BTW, IKEA has a bag clip that works great for that purpose and for stopping the seatbelt from strangulating you. The color might be a bit off though.

https://m2.ikea.com/us/en/p/-50339169/
jvmarino
For my car, I just got a pair of plastic button pins that BMW uses on their seat belts and installed. No more fishing for seat belt buckles near the seat bottom. Always right where I need it to be when I go to buckle up.
914Sixer
May have have some on used seat belts. Will check tomorrow.
FlacaProductions
I saw the buttons on amazon - interesting - thanks @914sixer - I may have a source as well....
oakdalecurtis
I use a safety pin, works great!
Rob-O
They do have a 928 part number. I just bought two. I think from Pelican. I had one on the driver’s side but as old as it was it kept slipping down, which allowed the fastener to slip down the belt.
windforfun
QUOTE(Rob-O @ Apr 23 2019, 02:25 PM) *

They do have a 928 part number. I just bought two. I think from Pelican. I had one on the driver’s side but as old as it was it kept slipping down, which allowed the fastener to slip down the belt.

Ask George at AA. He supplied one from a 924 or 944. His employee went out back & pulled it for me. It looked brand new.
FlacaProductions
I found a couple with a vendor that I used to patronize with my 944 Turbos - he had them listed as for 911 924S 928 944 951 964 968 993...I guess I should tell him they fit on 914's, too - unless i get them and they don't!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.