Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gas Cap Gaskets....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MikeM
Hello all...anyone know of a source for the fuel cap gaskets for the metal caps?
They seem hard to find!!
Thanks.
VegasRacer
914 rubber has them. Their product is much better than the original.
dcecc1968
I ordered one from 914rubber.com a few years ago. I assume they still sell them.
MikeM
Hmmm...I think their site says for the plastic caps only.
I'll check again.
MikeM
They have them!! My mistake.
Thanks
Mikey914
Yes we have both
The one for the late plastic gas cap and the early. The OEM was a fiber gasket and it was placed prior to the tabs being bent down making them impossible to replace without tearing.
So we made them in Voton. Problem was when we 1st made them Viton sheet looks like regular rubber. So it was possible to mix them up.

We spent the extra money to buy the viton with a cinnamon smell.
https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/search/?q=Gas+cap

Give them a smell biggrin.gif
914_7T3
914Rubber Seal is the way to go!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
jvmarino
I had bought one of these a few years ago, and was surprised how thin it seemed. I was told that it was meant to go over the fiber gasket. Is this still the case (I saw in the previous post picture the fiber gasket was being removed).
914_7T3
QUOTE(jvmarino @ Apr 22 2019, 12:19 PM) *

I had bought one of these a few years ago, and was surprised how thin it seemed. I was told that it was meant to go over the fiber gasket. Is this still the case (I saw in the previous post picture the fiber gasket was being removed).

Did not know that, what say you @Mikey914 ?

I'f that is indeed the case, I'll try and pick up a second one and get that corrected. Thank you.
bbrock
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Apr 22 2019, 01:38 PM) *

I'f that is indeed the case, I'll try and pick up a second one and get that corrected. Thank you.

I haven't installed mine yet because I had this same question. popcorn[1].gif
Matty900
QUOTE(bbrock @ Apr 22 2019, 01:45 PM) *

QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Apr 22 2019, 01:38 PM) *

I haven't installed mine yet because I had this same question. popcorn[1].gif

I removed the fibergasket on my car and it works great.
I will work on updating the installation instructions on the site.
porschetub
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 23 2019, 05:23 AM) *

Yes we have both
The one for the late plastic gas cap and the early. The OEM was a fiber gasket and it was placed prior to the tabs being bent down making them impossible to replace without tearing.
So we made them in Voton. Problem was when we 1st made them Viton sheet looks like regular rubber. So it was possible to mix them up.

We spent the extra money to buy the viton with a cinnamon smell.
https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/search/?q=Gas+cap

Give them a smell biggrin.gif

Good to know Mark ,ordered one from Pelican years ago and got a paper one for my plastic cap ,it has no crush and won't seal sad.gif .
Can't wait to smell my new one lol-2.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.