Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: turning snapshots into art
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
My 21 year old daughter is taking photos and turning them into pictures, I think that it is really neat! What do you think?

Click to view attachment
PanelBilly
Nice work.
mepstein
She has talent and a good eye.
914-300Hemi
that is great snapshot.
Sprout
That looks great! Love the green...just like mine! Is she going to do more? Will they be for sale?
ValcoOscar
smiley_notworthy.gif

I like it!!!!!

Oscar
jagalyn
Very talented... looks great.
mxkinn01
I say, blow it up bigger, print it, frame it, sell it, hang on man cave or garage wall!
Mike Bellis
There's an iphone app that will do that for you... type.gif
SO.O.C914er
Well done show us more. Have her take some of that fine collection of 914’s you have at the shop!! popcorn[1].gif Paul
BuddyV
Nice!!!

I hope my daughter cares enough to use the 914 in her artwork.

You must be proud.

smilie_pokal.gif
falcor75
If its handpainted sure, if its using an app like prisma then my kids can do it too.

Click to view attachment

Did this in about 30 seconds....
tejon007
Very nice... I like them a lot!!
AHudson
Aside from software being available or not, and its super cool that it is, this is a tiny bit like saying anyone can hold a paintbrush but we aren't all DaVinci.

So the feature and talent here is eye for composition, as she clearly has. Art critics love to point out that 'color gets the credit, but value delivers the drama.' I'd say she nailed both. Nice work.

I also think all positive comments should come with 10% off everything at AA. Just a thought. smile.gif
90quattrocoupe
Very nice. Art.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
it is all she, have nothing to do with it, for sure. Nice to see a young person take an interest, She is doing them for several now, if anyone is interested they could contact her at iamcatherineg@yahoo.com

QUOTE(AHudson @ Apr 23 2019, 07:54 AM) *

Aside from software being available or not, and its super cool that it is, this is a tiny bit like saying anyone can hold a paintbrush but we aren't all DaVinci.

So the feature and talent here is eye for composition, as she clearly has. Art critics love to point out that 'color gets the credit, but value delivers the drama.' I'd say she nailed both. Nice work.

I also think all positive comments should come with 10% off everything at AA. Just a thought. smile.gif
914 RZ-1
Could you tell us a little more about how she does this? Is it computer-generated, hand-painted, or something else? Just curious. I like it, and I'd like to know more about it.
Unobtanium-inc
I love to see kids, even grown up ones, be creative.

My 10 year old daughter doodles with me sometimes. She did the 904 in the middle.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Ten years old drawing that? That girl is a genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just incredible. Congrats Dad

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Apr 23 2019, 07:25 PM) *

I love to see kids, even grown up ones, be creative.

My 10 year old daughter doodles with me sometimes. She did the 904 in the middle.
Al Meredith
George, your daughter has plenty of subject matter to chose from at your shop.
UROpartsman
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 23 2019, 02:37 PM) *

She is doing them for several now, if anyone is interested they could contact her at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com

Posting an email address on a forum will open the floodgates of spam, might want to erase that ASAP and just send it via PM to interested parties.

Or camouflage it by adding a word, such as "johncat.smith@twenty.net" and say "remove the feline from my email address to get my real address."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.