Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How many gaskets do you use?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
michael7810
I have always used 3; 1 between the metal cover and screen, 1 between the screen and the tuna can and 1 between the tuna can and the case and never had a problem with leaks. So this time I thought why do I need a gasket between the screen and tuna can? I can see only 2 leak paths; at the metal bottom cover and at the tuna can to case so I only use 2 gaskets and it leaked mad.gif . I take it apart and reassemble with 3 gaskets and no leaky confused24.gif So I'll continue to use 3 gaskets but don't understand why.
NS914
Go figure, I had to do the same thinking that I had it covered. Chris Foley came to the rescue again!!! Grant
jcd914
It has been a long time since I removed or installed a tuna can but I don't recall being able to include the screen when using the tuna can just the oil pick-up extension.

Jim
michael7810
TunaGroupBuy is what I have and you can keep the screen.
Click to view attachment
jcd914
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Apr 22 2019, 02:01 PM) *

TunaGroupBuy is what I have and you can keep the screen.
Click to view attachment

That makes sense. I have only worked with the Automotion style tuna cans and the screen does not fit in them.

I would think you would need all 3 gaskets for that style.

Thanks
Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.