Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How many have leaky frunks?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RickS
Even with one of Mark’s great seals when washing the car or driving through a down pour, I get water in the frunk up near the firewall on both sides. So is my hood bent or is getting water there a common issue? If I put a light in the frunk, close it and turn off the garage lights, the light can be seen through the crack between the fender and the frunk lid.

So who else is bent? Or do I need professional help?
Mikey914
QUOTE(RickS @ Apr 22 2019, 08:28 PM) *

Even with one of Mark’s great seals when washing the car or driving through a down pour, I get water in the frunk up near the firewall on both sides. So is my hood bent or is getting water there a common issue? If I put a light in the frunk, close it and turn off the garage lights, the light can be seen through the crack between the fender and the frunk lid.

So who else is bent? Or do I need professional help?

Which version do you have?

My 1st ones were a profile that fit, but the next gen ones are molded for the corners, like the OEM. The issue with the OEM is they used a harder durometer rubber. We used the same making it more compressible.

I’d be willing to credit you for what you paid toward the next gen one if you have the older one.
Dave_Darling
One possibility is that the front panel of your car is pushed in slightly, and the hood is bent just a bit.

Mine leaks, but I'm pretty sure it comes up through the floor.

--DD
colingreene
I bought a factory seal for mine it seems to stay dry, one of the only parts that stays dry in the rain/wash...
Mikey914
Ours is identical to factory with the exception that the corners are the Sam durometer so they will not hold the corners up.
Superhawk996
No need to guess. Leak trace powder will show where seal is making contact.

You can then adjust hood or seal to get proper contact.

https://www.kimballmidwest.com/All-Products...n-System/803099

I used to use this stuff all the time to find wind noise and water leak paths.

Work smarter not harder.

popcorn[1].gif
Triaddave
I also have one with a leaky frunk, I fhink.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.