Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB-Exceptional Set of Tail lights w/Hella Lenses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
tailwind22
Looking to upgrade my tail lights for my 70 914-6 project. Tail lights need to be exceptional with Hella lenses. As an alternative, any good tail light restorers out there?
FlacaProductions
check this thread:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...helf+tail+light
mepstein
QUOTE(tailwind22 @ Apr 23 2019, 12:29 PM) *

Looking to upgrade my tail lights for my 70 914-6 project. Tail lights need to be exceptional with Hella lenses. As an alternative, any good tail light restorers out there?

I've done some pretty good restorations with a $40 harbour freight buffer, cotton wheels and plastic polish. Also great for stainless steel polishing. It won't fix chips or cracks but makes a 10 footer a 1 footer in minutes. Just wear eye protection because the wheel will catch you when you don't expect it.
tailwind22
Thanks I found a lead toward the end of the thread.

QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Apr 23 2019, 10:41 AM) *

tailwind22
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 23 2019, 11:55 AM) *

I've done some pretty good restorations with a $40 harbour freight buffer, cotton wheels and plastic polish. Also great for stainless steel polishing. It won't fix chips or cracks but makes a 10 footer a 1 footer in minutes. Just wear eye protection because the wheel will catch you when you don't expect it.

Thanks Mike. I just bought a fresh wheel and will tackle it and some other plastic parts. Anyone got an idea and how to refresh some of the chrome plastic surface inside?

mepstein
QUOTE(tailwind22 @ Apr 23 2019, 10:01 PM) *

Thanks Mike. I just bought a fresh wheel and will tackle it and some other plastic parts. Anyone got an idea and how to refresh some of the chrome plastic surface inside?

You could hand polishing but chances are the chrome has worn off the plastic so their might not be anything left to polish. Which pieces are you trying to freshen up?
tailwind22
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 24 2019, 03:12 AM) *

You could hand polishing but chances are the chrome has worn off the plastic so their might not be anything left to polish. Which pieces are you trying to freshen up?

I'll post some pics tonight.
Chi-town
Jeff- Email sent, I have some really nice condition reflectors for you.
tailwind22
QUOTE(tailwind22 @ Apr 24 2019, 06:38 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 24 2019, 03:12 AM) *

I'll post some pics tonight.

Here is what I am trying to freshen up

mepstein
You can unscrew the reflectors from the housing and thoroughly clean. Some chrome paint might freshen up the reflector but the best way to brighten up your taillights are Spoke’s LED’s. They don’t rely on the reflector for great performance.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.