Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Complete 1.8L engine price lowered again $500
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
andreic
Hello,

I am selling the engine that came out of my 1975 Porsche 1.8L. I swapped the engine out about one and a half years ago for a new, higher displacement engine. The original engine was in good running condition; oil pressure was excellent, and compressions were all uniform around 95-100 (both measured before removal). The engine was kept in my heated garage since, and it turns easily by hand and has good compression in all cylinders. The flywheel appears to be in good shape.

To the best of my knowledge this is the original engine to the car, and it probably had about 94,000 miles when the swap was done. The car had been converted to a single Weber carb setup before I got it. The Weber carb system will come with the engine, or you can check out a complete L-Jet system that I am selling separately (see my other ad).

The only small things missing from this engine are the spark plug wires, the thermostat, and the oil filler cap. The oil filler neck has a small hole that can be easily plugged. Engine comes with all the tin in good condition, with the exception of the right "wing" that is missing a small piece.

Asking $500 OBO. Located in Madison, WI. You must come and pick it up, I will not ship it.
andreic
I forgot to mention that even though the alternator does not appear in the pics, I am pretty sure I have it somewhere. If I find it it is included with the engine, and it was in fine working shape.
andreic
Bump for lowered price.
andreic
Bump again for price lowered to $500. I hope someone in WI or MN is interested in this engine... Make me an offer and get it out of my garage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.