Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970/4 fuel pump fuse rating
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1970 Neun vierzehn
While doing some post-winter/spring check ups, I figured I'd check fuse connections for clean connectivity. The rear electrical panel in my ' 70/4 currently has a 16 amp fuse in it from some time long ago for the fuel pump. My old shop manual calls for an 8 amp fuse, a PCA article specs a 25 amp fuse (1973 model). I do not recall when or why I have a 16 amp fuse in the panel for the fuel pump (panel location in the engine compartment). What should the fuse rating be for a 1970 914/4 fuel pump?

Paul
Spoke
I believe it is 25A and also shared by the auxiliary heater fan.
jcd914
My 73 diagram shows 25 amp fuse but as Spoke points out the fuse is also for the heater blower.
And if you have a rear defroster that is also on that 25 amp fuse.

Jim
SirAndy
25 amp for the fuel pump and heater blower relay, 8 amp for the defroster:

IPB Image
jcd914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 24 2019, 09:02 PM) *

IPB Image

I don't see that Andy.
The 25 amp fuse in the diagram leads to a circuit that leads to 3 terminal 30 connections for 3 relays, the first relay on the circuit is the defroster relay.

It's late and I have been playing with 914 electrical stuff all evening, so maybe I am missing something.

Jim
SirAndy
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Apr 24 2019, 11:01 PM) *
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 24 2019, 09:02 PM) *

I don't see that Andy.
The 25 amp fuse in the diagram leads to a circuit that leads to 3 terminal 30 connections for 3 relays, the first relay on the circuit is the defroster relay.
It's late and I have been playing with 914 electrical stuff all evening, so maybe I am missing something.

Naaa, it's late here too and i equated the two sets of stippled lines as being connected, which they aren't ...
rolleyes.gif
Spoke
This schematic of the relay board shows the 25A fuse providing power to the relays for the fuel pump, cabin heater fan, and the rear window defogger. In the haynes manual that I derived this from the 8A fuse was not used.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.