Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wire Harness Wrapping
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
racejoe
OK, what is the black fabric stuff used to wrap the wiring harness? Where can I get some or a good substitute?
ClayPerrine
Friction Tape.

Available at FLAPS.
phantom914
If you don't mean tape, go to www.mcmaster.com. Type "wire sleeving" in their search thing and starting at the bottom of page 709, you will find all kinds of sleeving.

Andrew
Mueller
I bought a bunch of this tape, don't need it all....

$2 + shipping for roll if you cannot find it

3/4" X 100ft
SirAndy
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jun 24 2005, 11:01 AM)
3/4" X 100ft

you'll have to splice it in half to make it look correct tho ...

wink.gif Andy
CptTripps
Go to the local sporting goods store, and get some hockey-stick tape. Then a REAL sharp razor and cut tohe roll in half....

That's what I did...
Brando
the black felt stuff? I thought that was called flame accelerant.

I'd opt for some plastic shielding... either the curly black/clear kind or the black tubular kind with a slit down the side. If clear, you can see the wire coloring better.
Mueller
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jun 24 2005, 11:06 AM)
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jun 24 2005, 11:01 AM)
3/4" X 100ft

you'll have to splice it in half to make it look correct tho ...

wink.gif Andy

who is that anal to care or know the differance??? wacko.gif blink.gif
IronHillRestorations
I've recently purchased bulk quantities of black PVC jacketing for making wiring harnessess (6 conversions). It's very OEM in appearance, which is why I got it. I use it in conjuction with black heat shrink tubing and glue it together with plumbing glue. I can put together a kit with what you need. PM me if you are interested.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.