Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any suggestions for automotive transport?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tazz9924
Im looking into shipping my car from wa to nc. i need some suggestions for companies, i realize its a scummy game, but im looking for a transport company that smells less like a stagnant pond. That being said i got a quote from reliable carriers, though they are probably the best, they are also a bit more expensive than im looking for. also my paint sucks and I dont care about the likely rock chips it would get in open transport... except glass chips that would piss me off idea.gif Any suggestions?
dlee6204
I just shipped a car from TX to NC using Patriot Transportation USA. Car arrived fine and I was pleased with the service.

https://www.patriottransportusa.com/transport-services-.html
johnlush
This is certainly a case of you (mostly) get what you pay for. You'll find a lot of brokers that work with companies and individual haulers and it's kind of luck of the draw as to who you might get. The big names like Intercity, Passport, etc. are good but pricey and on their own schedule. I recently bought a car and sold another. I used Passport because I had used them before and wasn't that impressed this time. Truck was dirty and worn. The car I sold was picked up by a place I had not heard of, Safe Auto Transport, out of Roseville, CA and I was very impressed with their truck and driver. Might be worth a call. Regardless of who you go with I'd expect about $1 per mile for enclosed and maybe $.80 per mile for open. If you're lucky you'll find someone heading east with an empty spot and get a break. Good luck!
Beebo Kanelle
Just brought a 300ZX from OK to Houston, stumbled upon these guys, and I'll be using them again.

Sherpa Auto Transport
(855) 886-4900
sherpaautotransport.com
Unobtanium-inc
Try to avoid using a broker, they will take the lowest price and there is no recourse if damage occurs, ask me how I know. If the car is important to you, pay the double price to a known shipper like Intercity or Reliable.
And avoid U-Ship, it's the wild west when it comes to shippers. A guy bought a car from me, didn't want to use my shipper, he saved $100 by using U-Ship. His trucker was a dude in a converted motor home that was full of furniture. He un-loaded the furniture, loaded the car, then loaded the furniture on top of the car.

More nightmares here:

https://unobtaniuminc.wordpress.com/2012/02...ng-of-porsches/

But best advice, don't get cheap on transport, it's not worth the risk if it's a car you care about.
Beach914
Used Plycar to ship a 67 GT350 from CA to Tennessee enclosed. It was a little less expensive than Reliable or Intercity.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.