Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB > 914-6 Air Filter Housing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
E911
Looking for a correct and complete air filter housing for a six please.

Thank you- Richard
tailwind22
For sure one of the Holy Grail used part finds for a 6!
E911
I figured as much but also assuming this is a good place to ask.
Mike Fitton
Start by buying a good main piece they are all the same, then start your search for the correct snorkel that faces to the left of the fan. Here are 2 nice plastic boxes on the Samba:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/det....php?id=2142435

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/det....php?id=1473294
rgalla9146
How original do you need to be ?
there are differences
metal nipple for breather hose
metal studs for wing nuts
recesses for cold start enrichment plumbing
metal strap to support hose connecting enrichment rails.
johnhora
I have one available if you're looking to spend a lot less than $400+ for one that is not correct anyway.
The one I have is a plastic air box from the 911 MFI...it is the same except that it would have to be drilled for the Weber carbs vent tube holes(not a big problem at all).
The one I have left is the second one in the pictures and will work fine. Just attache a snorkel. I have a metal not correct short snorkel if needed. And of course you will need the Weber metal connector bases and clips.

Check it out here:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...rs-housing.html
johnhora
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Apr 25 2019, 01:11 PM) *

How original do you need to be ?
there are differences
metal nipple for breather hose
metal studs for wing nuts
recesses for cold start enrichment plumbing
metal strap to support hose connecting enrichment rails.

agree.gif

If you are going for the real 914-6 one ...this one rgalla9146 posted is the correct one!

There are plenty of imitations...like the one I posted...it has the plastic vent tube...and no weber vent holes.
It took me two years to find a correct snorkel that wasn't a gazillion $$$$.
You just have to be patient for the real stuff.
E911
Thanks for the replies and advice... I'd like to find a correct / original unit rather than a bitsa solution from a 911 application. There seems to be a lot of confusion on what's correct and what's not.
johnhora
Richard.....is this for a real 914-6?
Porsche Doc
I have a real one $500 + shipping
E911
QUOTE(johnhora @ Apr 25 2019, 03:55 PM) *

Richard.....is this for a real 914-6?

Correct, for a conversion it wouldn't make much sense IMO... unless you just like the brain damage.
E911
QUOTE(Porsche Doc @ Apr 25 2019, 04:03 PM) *

I have a real one $500 + shipping

PM Sent- thanks
gereed75
There was one at Hersey. Complete including buckets in decent shape. Was asking $500. Anyone know who that was?
Porsche Doc
I have 2 of them!Click to view attachment
Porsche Doc
Click to view attachment
E911
QUOTE(Porsche Doc @ Apr 25 2019, 07:33 PM) *

Isn't this a 911 unit or am I missing something?
johnhora
QUOTE(E911 @ Apr 25 2019, 06:29 PM) *

QUOTE(Porsche Doc @ Apr 25 2019, 07:33 PM) *

Isn't this a 911 unit or am I missing something?

Yes that is a 911 MFI unit that fits the 72-73 with plastic intake stacks..
It has been cut and plastic removed between the round stack openings on the underside possibly to accommodate carbs.
Also the snorkel is an early 911 all metal one. Works but faces the wrong direction for a 914-6.
As mentioned rgalla9146 posted a correct 914-6 one. Maybe he has some more pictures....I have some some where just can't find right now.
The one rgalla9146 has pictured has the metal vent tube...on the bottom rear...cold start fuel rail inlets on the top rear corners...they extend into the interior and have little spray holes over each carb hole...yes when cold the fuel system dumped raw fuel into the whole plastic housing...talk about back fire flame outs....this was just like the early 911 all metal housings. Such crazy stuff going on and just some more of the unique parts for the 914-6. The 69-70 911T one is similar with a different snorkel.
E911
Thank you for the confirmation!
horizontally-opposed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.