smile.gif
914werke
ingenuity!
914Sixer
Yep, that will work beerchug.gif
Spoke
Where is this /6 going?
johnlush
Is the tennis ball hanging there to encourage it to jump out on its own? I know that would work for my dog and she's German... :~)
Rand
Make some pyramids! biggrin.gif
I was always amazed how my dad taught me to use things. We moved thousands of pounds of machinery...A freaking 2000# drill press, along with multiple lathes and mills and such. He built a flatbed tilt-bed trailer and we winched things over pieces of pipe to move it along.

A little physics, some leverage...
Good use. Thanks for sharing.
bretth
I have done this but not as safely as your setup looks. Lots of blocks of wood stacked on a carefully placed floor jack and some wide plywood to balance the engine on while slowly working it to the ground. I've done some stupid things to bring home new toys. Dirtbikes stuffed sideways in my old Datsun hatchback while there's still gas in the tank etc.
mepstein
A lift table would have made it easy but I don’t have one at my house. My neighbor has motorcycles so I borrow his ramps. The trick is to lay down 4x4 in the car so I don’t have to lift over the lip of the car. It was a very controlled slide down the ramp. Took 1 minute to get it all done. I’ll throw a furniture dolly under the engine and put it in a corner. Just storing for a friend.
mepstein
QUOTE(johnlush @ Apr 26 2019, 01:43 PM) *

Is the tennis ball hanging there to encourage it to jump out on its own? I know that would work for my dog and she's German... :~)

When my MIL lived with us, she could drive in until the ball hit her window, telling her to stop.
porschetub
Well done,I did the same thing years ago when I needed to move my 2.2T,couldn't use the family stationwagon so loaded it in my trusty Mazda 323 wagon,had an interesting 35mile drive to my new place to say the least biggrin.gif .
bdstone914
QUOTE(914werke @ Apr 26 2019, 08:54 AM) *

ingenuity!

More like engineuity. beerchug.gif
Dion
Nice one Mark. Is that the Honda it was loaded in?
914werke
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 26 2019, 02:04 PM) *

QUOTE(914werke @ Apr 26 2019, 08:54 AM) *

ingenuity!

More like engineuity. beerchug.gif

I see what you did there happy11.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Dion @ Apr 26 2019, 05:10 PM) *

Nice one Mark. Is that the Honda it was loaded in?

Yes. My daughters CR-V. I took a 3.0 to Hershey in my wife’s CR-V but hadn’t used the 4x4 and it was a bitch to reach in and lift it over the lip.

I got my entire motorcycle in that car, in pieces, to take in to my builder for reassembly.
Unobtanium-inc
I have a guy who can do this.
914forme
QUOTE(Spoke @ Apr 26 2019, 12:09 PM) *

Where is this /6 going?

shades.gif
Carl La Fong
Necessity is the Mother of invention. (I just made that up). laugh.gif
Literati914
I did something very similar when I brought home a 2056/4 in my volvo xc70 wagon.... I had the engine strapped to a furniture dolly and slid it up/down a SINGLE aluminum ramp. The wheels of the dolly hung down and straddled the ramp and it was all actually very solid/secure feeling while sliding on the dolly's frame. Then, once on the ground it rolled around nicely of course.
mepstein
QUOTE(Literati914 @ Apr 30 2019, 04:33 PM) *

I did something very similar when I brought home a 2056/4 in my volvo xc70 wagon.... I had the engine strapped to a furniture dolly and slid it up/down a SINGLE aluminum ramp. The wheels of the dolly hung down and straddled the ramp and it was all actually very solid/secure feeling while sliding on the dolly's frame. Then, once on the ground it rolled around nicely of course.

Yep. I got a HF furniture dolly so I could move it around easily. Worth it for $8.

I tried to move a tub on 2 HF steel furniture dollies. Each rated for 500lbs. The steel frames bent. I then slid in two HF wood furniture dollies and they were fine. The car was only 3" off the ground so I could afford to experiment but I was surprised at the results. HF took back the steel dollies.
ThePaintedMan
I can power clean a Type 4 but not sure about a /6. Willing to try if I ever found one, lol.
rick 918-S
928 into my Touring

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.