Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Missing Timing Hole Plug
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
paleo541
I just started work on the 914 I purchased a few weeks ago. Just as I was diving headlong into re-installing the factory distributor to get it running, I realized that the timing hole plug is missing. I suspect that it has been missing for several years. A new one is on the way, but I'm concerned that there could be debris or other foreign subtances in there. Any suggestions before I re-install and attempt to fire it up?
hmeeder
You mean the screw in plug on top of the fan shroud? It will toss around some dust and stuff, but remember that the fan draws air from inside the engine compartment to begin with, so you'll just be recycling a bit of whatever gets sucked in. The engine compartment will probably get more dirty from whatever makes it past the rain tray. It won't significantly effect cooling either. I wouldn't worry about it, especially since it'll only be a few days and you'll have a brand spanking new one to lose!
paleo541
Yeah, that's the one. Since you put it that way I won't lose any sleep over it. Thanks Herb.

-Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.