Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sorta OT SOVREN races next weekend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
i'll be there fri and sat, ax in pland on sunday. race cars of the 50's are the featured cars this year. lots of eye candy in the pits. tony bawcutt(sp?) is usually there with his 911. great fun. $25 per day, $40 for the weekend. in the past fri was free, iirc. take fri off from work and show up. extended weather forecast looks good. check it out at www.sovren.org. see you there!!! here's some pictures from past events.

k
rhodyguy
asdf
rhodyguy
asdf. parking lot
rhodyguy
asdf. more p-lot
rhodyguy
tiny
rhodyguy
i love this little car.
rhodyguy
it's properly powered too!!
rhodyguy
real deal.
914werke
Kev your talking about The Pacific Northwest Historics it is one the largest vintage car races on the West Coast.

John Goodman happens to be my boss and will be driving the following cars:
1958 Devin Corvette Special #50
1969 Chevrolet Corvette #12
1972 Ferrari 312P #1

The Historics is a great event benefitting Children's Hospital and Regional Medical Center. You can walk through the paddock area where you can see the cars up close and meet the drivers, owners and crew.

Ill be there beerchug.gif
DNHunt
i'm planning on Sat
rhodyguy
i know about it being the PNH rich rolleyes.gif . but it is a SOVREN event!!! your boss has it pretty sweet. now i know how you got to ride to ride around in a benz. i hope you've been praticing your parade wave for this year. biggrin.gif . you going friday or do you have to stay in the office as the boss will be at the track. wink.gif

k
airkewl
I'll be there with my orange 911, #901. If you are in the paddock, drop by and say Hi.

sportlicherFahrer
Awwwww. I wish I could go! Already asked for sunday off to go paintball with my buddies. Be sure to post up some pics!
Eddie914
Fabulous event! I always try to attend.

The timing is not going to work out for me this year. I'll be off to Priest Lake Idaho for the week of July 4th.

I have been able to go the the past when the races are scheduled for the second weekend in July ... not this year sad.gif

Eddie
Porsche Rescue
The "tour" moves to Portland the following weekend.
reverie
I'm planning on Saturday, too. Where is the best place for spectators to park?

Those nice shady pine trees fooled me once.. dry.gif
rhodyguy
gary emory's handy work. don't know if i'd have the stones to buy this car (as a basket case), complete resto, and go racing with it ohmy.gif . pretty darn fast. i have a pass good for sunday that i won't be using. any interest let me know.

k
rhodyguy
a fine stable of 356 cars. are these gas burners? i've never seen this treatment, but i sure like it. nice change of pace from the usual minilites and panasports. the red awning throws the color way off. sort of a dusty rose.

k
914werke
Yup thos look like True Mahle Magnisum "Gas Burners"
I may have one adult and one child ticket available from Sat or Sun. I couldnt talk my Girls into attending with me so itll be the men tommorw. Myself and my 9 yr old Zach aktion035.gif
rhodyguy
you and the pup driving down in the 914? if dave hunt is upnrunnin we should all park together with our stickers and walk around with our hats screwy.gif . what time do you plan on showing up. group 1 starts the show at 9:05.

k
914werke
Im think of leaving hear round 11. So there just in time to eat lol2.gif Itll depend if we bring the bikes, then Ill drive the trk. other wise ... hasta be in teener.
How do ya get around parking in the outer field so to park under the trees?
rhodyguy
gee, leaving woodolyn/creekomill at 11? you'll get there just about in time for the lunch break unsure.gif . next group runs at 1:30. just about the time i'm ready to leave. i cut out early today, 2ish. 167 was packed with campers, trailers, boats, motorhomes, and semis. you'll be parking at the dirt bike track! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

k
rhodyguy
who says you don't have to fiddle around with fi?

k
rhodyguy
i mean GREEN!! not too sure if i like it. gets your attention tho.

k
rhodyguy
i have to get some silver cones to match my car. what to you think these fancy light grills fetch on ebay?

k
Rand
Hey Rhodyguy... I'm sure glad you started this thread. Otherwise I would have missed this event. Took my son and we had a great time. Posted some photos in my blog, but here are a couple favorites...

Nice twin-turbo beast, but didn't do as well as I hoped...
user posted image
user posted image

This little Lotus spanked. Won his class...
user posted image

Lotsa 356s...
user posted image

Most entertaining car of the day was this Fiat Abarth. He DRIFTED all the corners! w00t.gif
Photo doesn't really capture it, but notice angle...
user posted image
user posted image

The 906 was the most exotic LOOKING car in it's class, but he spun it TWICE in the same race and didn't do so well...
user posted image

Last one for now...
user posted image
Joe Bob
QUOTE (Rand @ Jul 3 2005, 04:49 PM)
Hey Rhodyguy... I'm sure glad you started this thread. Otherwise I would have missed this event. Took my son and we had a great time. Posted some photos in my blog, but here are a couple favorites...

Nice twin-turbo beast, but didn't do as well as I hoped...
user posted image
user posted image

This little Lotus spanked. Won his class...
user posted image

Lotsa 356s...
user posted image

Most entertaining car of the day was this Fiat Abarth. He DRIFTED all the corners! w00t.gif
Photo doesn't really capture it, but notice angle...
user posted image
user posted image

The 906 was the most exotic LOOKING car in it's class, but he spun it TWICE in the same race and didn't do so well...
user posted image

Last one for now...
user posted image

THAT's VINTAGE?????
Joe Bob
Opps, meant to just post the top pic....

I thought SOVREN was really tight about pre 1970 build dates....
Rand
Yes, pre-1970. Except... Good catch Z... There was also a "Group 7" bunch that ran (maybe not officially part of the SOVREN event, I dunno) which included that 935 and a few other interesting cars. The wildest sounding car of the day was a rotary in this class. I assume a turbo 3-rotor beast... but it wasn't running quite right and he ended up dropping out before the end of the race. I didn't catch a photo of that one, but it was in a body similar to that last photo of the yellow car.

Anyway, more info here and more photos here.

Rand
Only saw one teener the whole day... In the parking lot, a super nice clean 6. Who's is this?

user posted image
rhodyguy
my wife used my weekend ticket yesterday. see told me there was an orange 914 with flares that raced. the 906 was going like a scalded cat on fri, lapping slower traffic. with regards to the build cutoff dates, locally sovren is tight. but... i think if you are a vintage racer from a region that is a little more forgiving, the newer car is allowed. there was a yellow 6 on displayat park place's tent on fri. i tried to chat the guy up a bit. he was more interested in trying to sell the $40k, 135mph+, 550 replicas with 165hp (cb performance), rolleyes.gif type 1 engines.

k
sixnotfour
The Red 914-6,( has aolt of GT parts) belongs to Bernie who wrenches on the white 935.
SOVREN allows 1970 and later in the exihbition class, Purpose built race cars up to 1976? The Class is filled with FFords and sports racers.
rhodyguy
Exhibition automobiles are significant purpose built race cars produced prior to December 31st, 1979 which do not fit into other SOVREN classes. lifted that right from the program.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.