Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 fuel gauge wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dgraves
I'm having trouble with rewiring my fuel / oil combo gauge 911-641-202-03

Wires are a mess. The fuel warning light stays on. Sender is new so I don't think it is the sender.

Does anyone have a photo of the back of this gauge with wires connected and a description? See my attached photo.

Many thanks.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Dave_Darling
It should be just like the 914 setup. A power connection, a wire for the sender (marked either with "S" or "G"), a wire for the warning light ("WK"), and a ground (three horizontal lines forming a triangle).

If the light is on all the time, you may have hooked a full-time ground up where the warning light connection should go.

--DD
SirAndy
agree.gif

"G" stands for "Geber" which is German for sending unit, it is NOT ground ...
shades.gif
dgraves
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Apr 28 2019, 02:37 PM) *

It should be just like the 914 setup. A power connection, a wire for the sender (marked either with "S" or "G"), a wire for the warning light ("WK"), and a ground (three horizontal lines forming a triangle).

If the light is on all the time, you may have hooked a full-time ground up where the warning light connection should go.

--DD

Got it! Thank you, Dave. That's 2 in row fixes from you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.