Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: aftermarket swaybar ID help, brand??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
I found these in my garage...wondering if they'll fit on my stock front bar and whether or not it's even worth attempting to put them on.....no money for a nice Tarett Engineering swaybar sad.gif
TravisNeff
Early charlie bar?
Aaron Cox
ive seen these....

skline has one....
may be an H&H or an early welt...
914werke
I have ther same bar. Bigger than the OE and at leat somehwat adjustable, I chked with Tarret and they will sell just the clamps and links?
phantom914
Not enough $? What about the DIY version? DIY Swaybar Stuff

Andrew
maf914
Those pieces look like arms and links from an H&H front sway bar. I have them on my car, 19mm front and 16mm non-adjustable rear. They seem to work fine. I bought them way back when, before Weltmeister bars came along. I bought new bushings a few years ago, so H&H may still be around.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (maf914 @ Jun 24 2005, 04:39 PM)
Those pieces look like arms and links from an H&H...

agree.gif
dingdingding we have a winner ...
hmeeder
Got those. They work pretty well on a stock bar. Basically replace the stock sway arms. Mine have the stock drop links. Just replaced all the bushings with the Weltmeister race bushings (about $20 at Pefrormance Parts, IIRC.) You kind of have to monkey with them when you want to adjust them, but then once they are set, you probably won't screw with them for a hella long time any way. It's a cheap way to get more bang out of the stock set up.
neo914-6
I thought you had a Tarret bar. unless that was on the tub you sold to Darren... confused24.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (Neo914 @ Jun 24 2005, 03:05 PM)
I thought you had a Tarret bar. unless that was on the tub you sold to Darren... confused24.gif

yep...all the good and trick suspension stuff went on that tub sad.gif

nine14cats
Hey Mike,

I've got a 19mm Welt bar new in the box I picked up somewhere....

You can have it if you want.....FREE....

Well...if you promise to help me with future engineering on my projects...I'm always going to need help... smash.gif

Bill P.
airsix
Aaron's right. They are H&H. I'm running an H&H 19mm myself.

-Ben M.
Mueller
QUOTE (nine14cats @ Jun 24 2005, 05:35 PM)
Hey Mike,

I've got a 19mm Welt bar new in the box I picked up somewhere....

You can have it if you want.....FREE....

Well...if you promise to help me with future engineering on my projects...I'm always going to need help... smash.gif

Bill P.

that'll work smile.gif

nine14cats
Glad to help Mike.

When will you need it? Its a Welt kit from GPR with no instructions, but all the bits are there....

We can hook up for lunch and I can pay you for those bearings.

Thanks,

Bill P.
Mueller
QUOTE (nine14cats @ Jun 24 2005, 10:53 PM)
Glad to help Mike.

When will you need it? Its a Welt kit from GPR with no instructions, but all the bits are there....

We can hook up for lunch and I can pay you for those bearings.

Thanks,

Bill P.

you still want the bearings??

I thought you are going with the ERP front suspension???
what happened if you don't mind me asking??

nine14cats
I made a committment to purchase the bearings from you. And you were gracious enough to hold them all this time.

I appreciate that. I don't want to put you out. biggrin.gif

Bill P.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.