914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
Watching this live on CNN now.
bd1308
???
what about it?
i dont get CNN at work
spare time toys
suposed to be a industrial gas place. Parxair is who it is. Its wild when those tanks go off. Hope it doesnt get to those big storage onse.
bd1308
so there is a fire at a gas plant? and it's blowing up tanks???

WOAH...real scary ohmy.gif
spare time toys
They are showing fires started away from the plant that were started from the tanks that shoot out from the explosions. The place makes propaine and oxygen as well as other gasses
bd1308
propane as a fuel and oxygen as a accelerant.....perfect lethal combo.
Hawktel
They say that they think all the employees got out. I like it when a big one goes off and it shoots way up in the air.
spare time toys
Just did a wide shot it looks like a couple of miles south west of the arch. The arch and stadium are clear in the shot that was on. Acording to thier map its south of 40 and Jefferson for a land mark
Cap'n Krusty
Local news at: http://ksdk.com/video/live.aspx
Praxair is an industrial gas provider. Welding gas, hospital and commercial gasses. The Cap'n
Jakester
IIRC Praxair was formerly known as Union Carbide. Remember Bhopal, India? Not such a great track record there...
736conver
Whoa!!
One explosion after another
Not good
STL914
The explosion and fire started around 3:30 CST. I heard it as I was on my way home from work, about twenty miles from the explosion site. No injuries reported. One local resident told of a cylinder going through the wall of his house, just missing him.

Several cars a in a parking lot a block away caught on fire from one of the exploding cylinders and were totally engulfed in flames.

Main highway was closed for several hours and the Cardinas postponed their game with Pittsburgh until 7:30.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.