Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recognize this Exhaust System?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rbzymek
Recently purchased this 914. Anybody know about this exhaust system in the attache file?
Thanks,
Ray
jrblackbox
not an expert but the quad tips make me think Monza?
Superhawk996
Monza. Have one just like it but rusted beyond repair.
Cairo94507
Sorry....but generally considered too be the worst exhaust you could put on a 914. sad.gif
Superhawk996
I like the quad tip look but man is it heavy.
mepstein
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 29 2019, 09:16 PM) *

Sorry....but generally considered too be the worst exhaust you could put on a 914. sad.gif

I agree. I had one. Actually two. The first rusted out in a year or two and I replaced it with the same. They are heavy. It was cool back in the day.
rhodyguy
Or Ansa. The tips look nice. Usually the bottom edges are ground down.
rjames
Heavy and loud- and not in a good way.
Mikey914
Well, 1st congratulations on your acquisition.
Triad has been one of the better exhausts you can put on the 4. Dave makes these from time to time and you can find them in classifieds every so often. If it's not rusted out, drive it til you can get a better option. Enjoy the car!

Interestingly enough the trapezoid flange may indicate an upgrade to a 2.0? Or al least the heat exchangers
rbzymek
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 29 2019, 11:01 PM) *

Triad has been one of the better exhausts you can put on the 4. Dave makes these from time to time and you can find them in classifieds every so often. If it's not rusted out, drive it til you can get a better option. Enjoy the car!

Interestingly enough the trapezoid flange may indicate an upgrade to a 2.0? Or al least the heat exchangers

Thanks for the input.

The heat exchangers were replaced not too long ago. I thought I had a real cool system. Not so much I guess. Add it to the list of stuff to eventually replace.
Ray
burton73
QUOTE(rbzymek @ Apr 30 2019, 11:47 AM) *

Thanks for the input.

The heat exchangers were replaced not too long ago. I thought I had a real cool system. Not so much I guess. Add it to the list of stuff to eventually replace.
Ray

Great idea as you do not want to pick up cops as you drive. Very looooud

Bob B welcome.png
rbzymek
QUOTE(burton73 @ Apr 30 2019, 01:06 PM) *

QUOTE(rbzymek @ Apr 30 2019, 11:47 AM) *

Thanks for the input.

Ray

Great idea as you do not want to pick up cops as you drive. Very looooud

Bob B welcome.png

So Dave confirmed - it is a 2.0 heat exchanger. Thanks all for your help and advice.
Ray
sixnotfour
Mine was sooo loud....here is some tricks...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...xhaust&st=0
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.