Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Source for side mirror glass
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
andreic
Hello,

on my car I have installed a passenger side rear-view mirror by flipping a standard one that would have come on the driver's side. However, it does not have the glass yet.

Does anyone have a source of precut (to size) concave glass, as it would be proper for a passenger side mirror? In the past, on another car I bought a large concave mirror glass and had a local shop cut it to size; but nowadays most shops don't want to do this kind of a job.

Thanks,
Andrei.
Mikey914
I have the early and late in stock $15.55

https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/m...-1972-76-1-3183
These are not concave, but inexpensive.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
they never made a concave mirror but we have The original European dimension mirrors in stock the larger late one and the smaller early one, we also have the factory mirrors which are relatively inexpensive now at 125 each
bbrock
Don't know what was original on the pass side but passenger side mirrors should be convex rather than concave. Concave would make the view angle narrower than a flat mirror, opposite of what you want. It could also focus the sun into a death ray which could be fun. happy11.gif

I haven't tried it, but it seems like a lot of glass shops should be able to custom cut a piece from convex mirror glass.
Chi-town
Convex on both sides would be great, no more blind spots
Mikey914
On sale at $12 biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.