Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wire harness sleeve
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shane
I did a search and found nothing, What’s everyone using as a factory looking replacement? Wanted to use a sleeve or wrap. I know not factory but I don’t want to take my Harnesss apart to install factory correct sleeving. Thanks in advance beerchug.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
if you mean the covering for the metal bend holders on the body, we have them, also the cloth tape is available, and Whitesell makes the trombone that covers the harness where it goes through the front engine shelf.

QUOTE(shane @ Apr 30 2019, 05:45 AM) *

I did a search and found nothing, What’s everyone using as a factory looking replacement? Wanted to use a sleeve or wrap. I know not factory but I don’t want to take my Harnesss apart to install factory correct sleeving. Thanks in advance beerchug.gif
Chi-town
Whitesell aka 914Rubber
bbrock
I'm assuming they are talking about the sleeving on the actual harness. I got some sleeving that is a match for the original from @IronHillRestorations . For parts of the harness I didn't want to take apart, I bought black shrink tubing from Digikey with a 3:1 shrink ratio so I could slide it over connectors etc. and shrink it down to snug fit on the wires. You have to look hard to see any difference from the original sleeve. In a few other places, I used oversized sleeving split lengthwise to wrap around the wire bundle and then tape with a spiral of 1/2" wide electrical tape. There were a few spots where the factory had done that on my harness anyway. beerchug.gif
Mark Henry
Hockey tape.
sithot
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 30 2019, 03:57 PM) *

Hockey tape.

agree.gif

And if you feel like being different....

https://www.amazon.com/Renfrew-Cloth-Hockey...ASIN=B015BRTOOY
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.