Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FREE: 70 1.7 Engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
My914-6
Complete engine pulled from a 70 914 with 41,254 miles on the odometer. Most likely it's 141,254 miles. Car sat in a So Cal garage for 35 years. I do not know anything about the engine so I can't tell you if it turns over or has the OE fuel injection. The transmission is not included.

If you are serious about picking it up, PM me. Pick up only in Torrance CA. Please, no tire kickers. This is not a scam.
Chi-town
Is the trans still bolted to it? If so you can use the starter to see if it turns
bdstone914
QUOTE(My914-6 @ Apr 30 2019, 06:42 AM) *

Complete engine pulled from a 70 914 with 41,254 miles on the odometer. Most likely it's 141,254 miles. Car sat in a So Cal garage for 35 years. I do not know anything about the engine so I can't tell you if it turns over or has the OE fuel injection. The transmission is not included.

If you are serious about picking it up, PM me. Pick up only in Torrance CA. Please, no tire kickers. This is not a scam.

@My914-6
I can use some parts on the 1.7.
I am in Riverside. I see you are new. I am Holding my 914 Swap meet this Sunday at 10000 Indiana in Riverside.
Would be great if you could come and even better if you brought the engine with you.
How complete is it? Can you post a picture? I can puck it up if you cant deliver.
And we have free coffee bagels and donuts in the morning? Is that enough of an incentive?
Bruce
My914-6
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 30 2019, 08:15 AM) *

@My914-6
I can use some parts on the 1.7.
I am in Riverside. I see you are new. I am Holding my 914 Swap meet this Sunday at 10000 Indiana in Riverside.
Would be great if you could come and even better if you brought the engine with you.
How complete is it? Can you post a picture? I can puck it up if you cant deliver.
And we have free coffee bagels and donuts in the morning? Is that enough of an incentive?
Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the coffee and bagel offer!

To the best of my knowledge, the engine is complete but I will get more information this week. It will need to be picked up as I have no way to transport it. I will PM you with more details when I have them.

Looks like the motor is going to Bruce!
Carl La Fong
Is there someone in the South Bay Area going to the G&R swap meet that can help ship this engine to Bruce?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Chi-town @ Apr 30 2019, 07:36 AM) *

Is the trans still bolted to it? If so you can use the starter to see if it turns

Don't ... If it has sat for 35 years, do NOT try to turn it ...
shades.gif
SirAndy

welcome.png
Chi-town
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 30 2019, 09:53 AM) *

Don't ... If it has sat for 35 years, do NOT try to turn it ...
shades.gif

Where's your sense of adventure?! laugh.gif
My914-6
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 30 2019, 09:54 AM) *

welcome.png

Thanks Andy, Glad to be here!
My914-6
The engine is gone to it's new owner. Thanks to all who inquired.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.