Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Ethanol fuel treatment?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flipb
Over the years, I've used Sta-Bil, Marine Sta-Bil, and something called Ethanol Shield. I've recently run out and went on Amazon to order more, only to discover there are now dozens of options:
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ethanol+fuel+tre..._st_review-rank

As for the application: dual-carb 2056cc, driven only occasionally and sometimes sits 4-8 weeks between drives. Unfortunately I can't get ethanol-free gasoline anywhere local.

Does it matter? Anybody have a preference among all those options?
Mikey914
It's more expensive, but I run clear only.
pvollma
QUOTE(flipb @ May 1 2019, 09:41 AM) *

I've used Bell Performance products for a few years now on my pre-2001 cars and it seems to work, and you don't need a whole lot - 1 oz per 10 gallons. Get the bottle with the dispenser and then refill it from a gallon container, keep the dispenser in the car.
Bell Performance Ethanol Defense
jimkelly
sounds like you guys are using this not just for winterization, but all the time. to avoid ethanol gumming up the carb?

guys here are constantly having issues with their motorcycle carbs crapping out with ethanol. this idea is certainy cheaper than buying pure gas by the 1 or 2 gallon can.

hope to read more about this.
flipb
QUOTE(jimkelly @ May 1 2019, 05:18 PM) *

sounds like you guys are using this not just for winterization, but all the time. to avoid ethanol gumming up the carb?

guys here are constantly having issues with their motorcycle carbs crapping out with ethanol. this idea is certainy cheaper than buying pure gas by the 1 or 2 gallon can.

hope to read more about this.

I add some ethanol stabilizer every time I fill the tank. But as noted, I use my car for pleasure drives every few weeks, so I'm never sure how long any given tankful will sit before it gets used up.

My routine is to usually refill the tank with 10 gallons when it's low, since that's typically the ratio per one ounce of stabilizer.
struckn
QUOTE(flipb @ May 1 2019, 05:41 AM) *

Over the years, I've used Sta-Bil, Marine Sta-Bil, and something called Ethanol Shield. I've recently run out and went on Amazon to order more, only to discover there are now dozens of options:
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ethanol+fuel+tre..._st_review-rank

As for the application: dual-carb 2056cc, driven only occasionally and sometimes sits 4-8 weeks between drives. Unfortunately I can't get ethanol-free gasoline anywhere local.

I'm also using STA-BIL 360 MARINE for the 914, mainly because I also have 3 two cycle Outboard Boat Motors and one Four Cycle Outboard to keep running. It also goes in the tanks of the Lawn Tractors and Snow Blower, plus the reserve Gas Jugs.

JmuRiz
Say-bil marine 360 here too, because I know my car’s site more often than drive, also try to do a bottle of Techron once a season
FlacaProductions
Is this an issue only with carb'd cars? My 2.0 FI sits for weeks....
malcolm2
Find a station.

https://www.pure-gas.org/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.