Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Six Gt hood pin plates
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr916Gt
beerchug.gif if anyone knows where I could pick up a set or two of the 914 Six Gt hood pin plates please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks very much
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we get them from Mittelmotor, they are exact!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(Dr916Gt @ May 1 2019, 01:37 PM) *

beerchug.gif if anyone knows where I could pick up a set or two of the 914 Six Gt hood pin plates please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks very much
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Dr916Gt @ May 1 2019, 01:37 PM) *

welcome.png

Hope to see your car in the near future. By the way, you should join us this Sunday at Bruce's swap meet in Riverside. You can buy or sell!!!!

@bdstone914

Oscar
jfort
I couldn't find. Anyone know where to get the square ones?
mepstein
One of the members here was making sets. Merak? Sorry I probably don’t have the name right but others will chime in.
sixnotfour
Marek makes em, but they are not correctly sized, Ive made a bunch, see Conedogger..
Mikey914
Eric @ PMB may have a source. If not let me know, these are pretty simple.
rhodyguy
You should put some packages together.
campbellcj
I got mine from Mittlemotor as well - they are accurate and high quality. I also sourced the GT headlight kit from them.
campbellcj
I believe this is the right link but no photo so I'd ask them -

https://www.mittelmotor.de/cms/en/914-6-zub...8846-neu-detail

914-6 GT parts main page

https://www.mittelmotor.de/cms/en/914-6-zub...-914-6-gt-teile

914-6 GT body sub page

https://www.mittelmotor.de/cms/en/914-6-zub...eile/5418/0-088

mb911
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 1 2019, 03:27 PM) *

@mikey914 I looked at making them and at first blush they seem easy. Then I dug in and realized they are actually a stamped part with corners that fold inward. Otherwise I would be making them . I might still make some one offs for myself but this is a bigger project to make correct then one would think.
sixnotfour

ya that was me ..go for it..

Mikey914
Still not thinking too hard to do with the equipment we have, but anyone have a good pic of these?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ May 1 2019, 06:27 PM) *

Marek makes em, but they are not correctly sized, Ive made a bunch, see Conedogger..

wysri9
i just made my own smile.gif

Here is a picture. Not exactly as per original but then my pins also ended up in slightly different places due to the fibreglass bonnet construct.....

I am pretty happy with these - they will do the job.....They are temporarily held with allen screws but will be flush riveted once the bonnet is painted.

Click to view attachment

My fuel filler came from Marek - not original dull alloy but I love it!
wysri9
and another detailed pictureClick to view attachment
Still a small chamfer to put on the edges and a bit of spit and polish......
mb911
The above pictured is what people think they look like but they are not correct. I will see if I can find a picture
mb911
Here you go and they need to be curved . Click to view attachment
jmitro
QUOTE(wysri9 @ May 2 2019, 04:17 AM) *

i just made my own smile.gif

me too. it's not hard and my car isn't a factory original
stainless steel sheet; drill the holes, cut to size; rivet in place
mb911
Here are the pin dimensionsClick to view attachment
mb911
Here are correct dimensions but not showing the angles and chamfersClick to view attachment
ConeDodger
They aren’t square.

Jeff is the source. And, he’ll make them out of stainless or aluminum or...

I Have the drawings somewhere, but easier just to PM sixnotfour evilgrin.gif
mb911
@coneDodger look at my pictures they are not square this is dimensions from an NOS set from a friends stash 90 minutes to south of me.. biggrin.gif
mlindner
Made mine also. Best, MarkClick to view attachment
sixnotfour
Ben his are not square,,,I know your friend.... when mounted they look square because of the 914s crazy lines,,,
i mean beautiful
mb911
agree.gif biggrin.gif. I never said they were square poke.gif
jfort
QUOTE(campbellcj @ May 1 2019, 04:51 PM) *

Thanks for the links! I think this is what I am looking for but there is no picture

HOOD LOCKING 914/6 GT FRONT, COMPLETE SET
TEILENUMMER 914.511.904.71

Agree?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(mb911 @ May 3 2019, 08:03 AM) *

No one is talking about you Ben. A previous post said words to the effect, ‘they’re square, how hard is that.’ And then edited it away.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(jfort @ May 3 2019, 07:29 AM) *

QUOTE(campbellcj @ May 1 2019, 04:51 PM) *

Thanks for the links! I think this is what I am looking for but there is no picture

HOOD LOCKING 914/6 GT FRONT, COMPLETE SET
TEILENUMMER 914.511.904.71

Agree?

@campbellcj
mb911
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 3 2019, 05:41 AM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ May 3 2019, 08:03 AM) *

No one is talking about you Ben. A previous post said words to the effect, ‘they’re square, how hard is that.’ And then edited it away.

Sorry that was tongue in cheek . biggrin.gif
Mikey914
Perhaps I should start with making the pins. Then guys that do their own thing can buy separate from the kit. As far as doing the lip we can do that, but how many sets should I end up making?
sixnotfour
beerchug.gif
campbellcj
I have not seen much addressing the mounting of the pins to the car. The kit I got did not account for attachment of the frontmost pins, so there was some minor fab entailed. Another minor annoyance is I've found the nuts come loose; should switch to nyloc nuts but it's hard enough as it is getting/holding the pin height and orientation right while tightening the fasteners. My car vibrates and runs at high speed/rpm much more than the typical 914, tho.

Click to view attachment
mlindner
Mine is just aluminum stock reveted under hood seal. MarkClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
campbellcj
Yup that's exactly what I did
Literati914
QUOTE(mlindner @ May 4 2019, 05:33 AM) *

Mine is just aluminum stock reveted under hood seal. Mark

Mark, what are those nylon leveling pieces you used?
mlindner
QUOTE(Literati914 @ May 4 2019, 04:02 PM) *

QUOTE(mlindner @ May 4 2019, 05:33 AM) *

Mine is just aluminum stock reveted under hood seal. Mark

Mark, what are those nylon leveling pieces you used?

Just nylon spacers from the local hardware store. Drilled center to match latch pins and belt sanded the nylon to correct angle, both top and bottom. Nice part about it, as you rotate the pin... you can match the above hood pin hole perfectly. This is not an issue with fiberglass hoods (flex), but mine is the original steel and wanted to have it line up correctly with a round hole in the hood. Hope that helps. Best, Mark
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
mlindner
Just FYI...Pin angle should be 71 degrees (90 degrees is vertical) for correct angle from base of pin. This make hood/pin alignment very easy. Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.