Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: o/t jumping out of panes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
d914
ok, a spot opened up fro a free tandem jump today, had ten minutes to decide...and did it....oooh ha what a trip.
Was supposed to go on three and we were out thedoor on two, WTF,,,,,,very cool......50 secs of free fall from 14,000 ft and then a pleasent ride to landing.....!!!
Aaron Cox
im doing it this summer...

sucks you need to go Butz to Nutz with the instructor unsure.gif
Allan
It's a rush isn't it. Did it in the military a few times. Nothing like it.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jun 24 2005, 01:35 PM)
It's a rush isn't it. Did it in the military a few times. Nothing like it.

"Nothing like it"? Try bouncing around in the air in a fighter with some a**hole in black pajamas shooting at you with a large caliber automatic weapon ..................................... The Cap'n, who believes in never leaving a perfectly good airplane in flight.
Allan
They wouldn't be out shooting at ya in their pajamas if ya didn't wake 'em up with yer noisy plane. wink.gif
redshift
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jun 24 2005, 05:34 PM)

huh.gif laugh.gif

sheeplove.gif
ematulac
Find a female instructor. Then it won't be so bad. biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
i highly doubt there is a bigger male or female instructor than I wacko.gif
Grimstead
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jun 24 2005, 02:34 PM)

Boy have I got a story for you before you go... happy11.gif
Aaron Cox
ohmy.gif
ArtechnikA
you jumped out a window?

okay, whatever ...

(i'm just amazed you need an instructor for that...)
Elliot_Cannon
I used to jump at Lake Elsinore and Perris Valley here in California back in another lifetime. Lotsa fun. I bolted my 8mm movie camera (thats right Aaron no video tape back then) to my helmet and got some great freefall footage. I ended up with about 150 jumps. Then I got married, bought a house, had a kid, like Zorba the Greek said,"the full catastrophy". Anyway it was a great time, had a lotta fun. "You gotta do it before you die" unsure.gif sad.gif ohmy.gif biggrin.gif .
Cheers, Elliot
Rand
Nice! I love skydiving. I was expecting this big "stomach dropping" sensation like on a steep rollercoaster... but there was none of that with the freefall. If you smile (which you will) the wind may blow your lips open like a dog out the car window... flap flap flap... But the biggest G-forces are after the 'chute opens... yank the control strap HARD, swing out, dive steep..... Oh yeah... (assuming you get to use one of the foil-type aerobatic 'chutes)...

Let's go!!!! I have a discount certificate for anyone near Snohomish field!!! Woohoo!!

Anyway... d914, I'm glad you did it. It's an experience you will always remember. smilie_pokal.gif

P.S. Just make sure you don't get one of those Polish* 'chutes.... that open on impact! biggrin.gif

*insert race here
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.