Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need pic of oil lines through fuel tank compartment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buck toenges
I am in need to see where people are placing holes in the fuel tank compartment for oil lines when installing a front oil cooler. Here is my fuel tank compartment. Some people are running the oil lines in the channel. My question is if this is the location how do you drill a hole from inside the channel to the main cabin?

Thanks,
Buck
Click to view attachment
buck toenges
I found a picture of a 914-6 gt build. It is from inside the cabin by the foot pedal assembly. The picture is of a oil line coming through the firewall. It looks like it corresponds to the channel in the above pic that I posted. Is there an actual hole through the fire wall already in the 914? Since I can not see very well on my car in the foot well position I can only guess that there is one already and you don't have to cut out any metal in the fire wall. Can anybody verify? If you have to cut out metal to make access through the fire wall how do you do it? Seems like an impossible task if there isn't a hole already.

Thanks,
Buck
mb911
Buck

I thought you had this figured out it really is that easy. The spot you have outlined is the channel you would see hoses running through there.. They do not pop out of that opening though. The holes you cut already in the foot well leads there and then hits a brick wall which is the very front bulkhead. You drill that from the front trunk. It will be an odd shape opening but you can make it happen. Look at the very right of my picture right by the trunk floor. That's the second hole and you snake the soft oil lines through there. Click to view attachment
buck toenges
I didn't realize the channel goes through the bulk head into the cabin. I thought there was metal between the cabin bulk head and the channel. Just like there is metal in the front bulk head and channel that I had to cut out to snake the oil lines to the front cooler. I assumed that the channel was blocked off at the bulk head to the cabin.

Buck
sixnotfour
from 914-6 gt pbase
roblav1
I think the location depends on whether or not you want the lines going through the passenger compartment. I'd rather keep the heat out and run them where the charcoal canister lines went.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.