Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Offset for 15x8 wheels? (With fiberglass flares)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
AlterFX
I’m planning on getting some wheels set up for my 71 914
Only problem is I can find the correct offset I would need on the wheels for the car with fiberglass GT flares.
I can’t go out and try to measure stuff out since I’m currently on deployment unfortunately so I was hoping some of y’all would be willing to help me out!

Thanks ahead of time guys
ClayPerrine
The 16x8 wheels from a 944 turbo fit a flared 914 perfectly. If you get the same offset in a 15x8 wheel, it will fit. I don't know the offset on them, I just know they fit.

Clay
sixnotfour
you need 911 pn 15 or 16 x 8 ..the 944 pn 951 wheels before mentioned will fit but are not ideal ..
mepstein
You pay double for 951 - 8x16 wheels compared to 911 - 8x16. They allow a 911 to run 8’s in the front where 7’s usually fit but regular 8x16 (911) should fit fine in a flared 914, depending on tires.
burton73
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 3 2019, 03:28 AM) *

You pay double for 951 - 8x16 wheels compared to 911 - 8x16. They allow a 911 to run 8’s in the front where 7’s usually fit but regular 8x16 (911) should fit fine in a flared 914, depending on tires.

The 911 8 x 16 look cooler, or deeper IMHO

Bob B
sixnotfour
agree.gif better than 16x9s IMHO due to tire availability
GeorgeRud
If you haven’t purchased the flares yet, and it’s going to be a street car (not a track car), you might find the steel flares to be a better choice. Also, all the above recommendations are assuming you have converted to 5 lug hubs from the original four lug setup.

Enjoy your project and get home safely!
theer
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 3 2019, 04:47 AM) *

The 16x8 wheels from a 944 turbo fit a flared 914 perfectly. If you get the same offset in a 15x8 wheel, it will fit. I don't know the offset on them, I just know they fit.

Clay

Note that the 951 (944 turbo) wheels in the table above are the "early" offset - and would fit 944's through MY 1986. After that the 944's went to a much deeper offset, which would likely require large spacers to keep the wheels from rubbing on the inside.
AlterFX
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ May 3 2019, 05:37 PM) *

If you haven’t purchased the flares yet, and it’s going to be a street car (not a track car), you might find the steel flares to be a better choice. Also, all the above recommendations are assuming you have converted to 5 lug hubs from the original four lug setup.

Enjoy your project and get home safely!

Thanks George I appreciate it! It’s definitely gonna be a track and street car. So it’ll be a modest track build. But right now the fiberglass flares is the best option for me. But I’m still running the 4 lug set up I’m just trying to find correct wheel offsets so I can get these wheels made correctly and not worrying about rubbing. If that makes any sense
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.