Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm happy that I Wired the Conversion Myself
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
Just went online and checked out iWire's Porsche - Subaru harness prices. $2499.99 for what cost me < $150. blink.gif That is a substantial difference!
914Sixer
Good for you. You also have the satisfaction in knowing that YOU did. smilie_pokal.gif
Andyrew
Yikes!!! That's some serious coin!
mepstein
I sent mine off to a guy and paid $550. He did a beautiful job. It’s not something that I could do.

But looking at their website, it looks like they create an all new harness, custom made to your specs with a lifetime warranty. If you could build the same thing yourself in 40 hours, you would be trading your time at $62/hour.
914forme
Mark is correct, it is a battle I face everyday, my billing rate is much hirer than my mechanical rate. That being said the mechanical and construction rates are what gives me the sanity to keep doing what my professional rate pays for.

Would I buy that harness, not a chance, but then I really like doing things 3 or 4 times over laugh.gif screwy.gif headbang.gif
76-914
agree.gif Ya'll followed my trials and tribulations with that so you know; $2500 is probably worth it. I'm just happy I didn't have to shell that amount out. His rate is fair. Especially when compared to our company's rates. happy11.gif lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.