Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Prices are rising in my country ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschetub
This 75 popped up on our countries largest auction site recently,start price is 30k with a buy now of 35k,seems an honest car if not that original,listing details are a little inaccurate saying its a 1.8 with 85hp,as a USA import I thought they are 76hp confused24.gif .
Hope it sells as this will set a benchmark for values here,this auction site is a good indicator of what people will pay.
Click to view attachment
Not many of these cars here,prices for aircooled Porsches have steadily climbed in the last wee while and the prices on 944/928 and 968 have followed to a lesser extent.
The 964 and 993's have gone a bit crazy price wise so I think this is following trends in the USA.
The late mass produced watercooled 911 and 986's are relative bargains considering our weak NZ dollar but many are import models so it is worth being selective,certainly good valve however.
The auction site is called TradeMe if anyone wants to browse,IMO many will find this interesting viewing beerchug.gif .
Cairo94507
Looks like a nice honest 914. beerchug.gif
Mikey914
Supply and demand.
Your local supply is short. A good indicator a demand is being pent up I suspect by year end we may see a 20% (possibly more) increase in the US market.

It's here dated lets see how my prediction goes. shades.gif
rhodyguy
Is that car Malaga red? Hard to tell.
JawjaPorsche
Think how much it would be worth if it had Fuchs instead of Riveras!
porschetub
Yes there is a supply/demand thing going on however most folks in my country don't even know what these cars are dry.gif .
Colour ..I have no idea,seller lists it as being red only ,appears he isn't a details guy,one question was pic's of the underside which he didn't supply other than saying the car was totally rust free...alarm bells ? I don't know.
Wheels...certainly not my favourite or is the modern style red leather steering wheel barf.gif .
porschetub
Car listing has expired with no bids...maybe to expensive ??,we be interesting to see if the guy relists .
rhodyguy
A 914 must be a pretty rare bird in NZ. Lack of familiarity could be the reason along with shipping/transport $ for just about anybody out of country.
porschetub
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 11 2019, 09:52 AM) *

A 914 must be a pretty rare bird in NZ. Lack of familiarity could be the reason along with shipping/transport $ for just about anybody out of country.

agree.gif there is not many of these cars on the road in my country,believe there is one real six,few non road worthy ones that folks imported without knowing how much these cars rust sad.gif .
Perhaps other NZ members could chime in on numbers of cars here...I don't really know.
r_towle
35k New Zealand is what 3k in the USA? smile.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 13 2019, 02:31 AM) *

35k New Zealand is what 3k in the USA? smile.gif

sad.gif certainly seems like it when I get 95% of my parts from the USA.
Currently a miserable 66cents to the USD that's about as low as it can go,add shipping and its worse.
rhodyguy
Do you have VAT as well? I tried to find the import fees regarding a FI management system mentioned in another thread. Shipment point was Estonia. No luck.
Creamsicle New Zealand
QUOTE(porschetub @ May 11 2019, 10:10 PM) *

agree.gif there is not many of these cars on the road in my country,believe there is one real six,few non road worthy ones that folks imported without knowing how much these cars rust sad.gif .
Perhaps other NZ members could chime in on numbers of cars here...I don't really know.

I have been thinking for some time about getting a 914 registry going in New Zealand. I know of 4 in NZ but there will be more.
A lot of people bring cars in from around the world with a large number of those coming in from USA i.e. new or modern Mustang, Dodge, Camaro and early classics. Due to the costs of importing (exchange rate, shipping, insurance and our local tax GST at 15% which goes on top of every thing including initial purchase price) care and diligence is required.
In my situation the reality is that my LE would probably sell in USA if I ever sold it purely because that is were the biggest market is.
Stay tuned fellow Kiwis I may put up a request for 914 owners to contact me (once I get my busy life sorted smile.gif ) this being the 50th year would be a good time to do it.
Cheers Steve beer3.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(Creamsicle New Zealand @ May 13 2019, 08:24 AM) *

QUOTE(porschetub @ May 11 2019, 10:10 PM) *

I have been thinking for some time about getting a 914 registry going in New Zealand. I know of 4 in NZ but there will be more.
A lot of people bring cars in from around the world with a large number of those coming in from USA i.e. new or modern Mustang, Dodge, Camaro and early classics. Due to the costs of importing (exchange rate, shipping, insurance and our local tax GST at 15% which goes on top of every thing including initial purchase price) care and diligence is required.
In my situation the reality is that my LE would probably sell in USA if I ever sold it purely because that is were the biggest market is.
Stay tuned fellow Kiwis I may put up a request for 914 owners to contact me (once I get my busy life sorted smile.gif ) this being the 50th year would be a good time to do it.
Cheers Steve beer3.gif

Hi Steve ,sent you email if you want to hook up.
Appears this car hasn't been relisted on the site,owner may have sold it or changed his mind ,no way of finding out really...it may resurface again ,who knows.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.