Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spotted in Sharonville / Cincinnati, Ohio
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914forme
Feel bad about this one. Wonderful weather day in Cincinnati, Ohio yesterday. Days that you dream of, the few days it pays to own a convertible. I left my office just a tad past 5, dropped the top on my Miata, and drove out the back gate, got stuck at the light to turn left, and I look up in the rear view and see a Orange 914 pull up behind me, Just then the light turns green, and we go our separate ways. headbang.gif

First off I have been beating myself up for driving a Miata, I am 6'2" I am a big boy, I barely fit. I drove a Cayman the other day, and fell in wub.gif It has room, it drives very well, and handles so well I am sure I will have a few speeding tickets not from the straights but from the curves. So I have been kicking myself, but the Miata is paid for. Then I am enjoying a bit of good weather top down action, and it was like Karma the Universe or what ever you believe in was slap.gif me.

So only person I know of with an Orange 914 like that is @LeadFoot was it you, or if no then who is running around North Cincy with a great looking 914?
bigkensteele
Thomas @tscrihfield just got his yellow 3.2 conversion running, and that is his current stomping ground. I just saw the car last weekend, and depending on the tint of your sunglasses and level of color blindness, it might look orange.
Gatornapper
Stephen -

Get the Cayman. I have an '11 Cayman S that I'll keep forever. You know - you drove one.....you'll enjoy every mile, even going to get gas.........and generally, cops aren't waiting for you in the twisties. I've been driving Caymans for 8 years, and while I've been stopped 5 times, I've never received a ticket.

In VA the state requires front plates (totally stupid, right?), and my front plate is a Euro plate. Is it illegal? Cops think so, and stop me. One judge threw the charge out. A $35 non-moving violation, 1 point. I'm not changing.

GN

IPB Image

QUOTE(914forme @ May 7 2019, 06:47 PM) *

Feel bad about this one. Wonderful weather day in Cincinnati, Ohio yesterday. Days that you dream of, the few days it pays to own a convertible. I left my office just a tad past 5, dropped the top on my Miata, and drove out the back gate, got stuck at the light to turn left, and I look up in the rear view and see a Orange 914 pull up behind me, Just then the light turns green, and we go our separate ways. headbang.gif

First off I have been beating myself up for driving a Miata, I am 6'2" I am a big boy, I barely fit. I drove a Cayman the other day, and fell in wub.gif It has room, it drives very well, and handles so well I am sure I will have a few speeding tickets not from the straights but from the curves. So I have been kicking myself, but the Miata is paid for. Then I am enjoying a bit of good weather top down action, and it was like Karma the Universe or what ever you believe in was slap.gif me.

So only person I know of with an Orange 914 like that is @LeadFoot was it you, or if no then who is running around North Cincy with a great looking 914?

ndfrigi
This is Thomas car 1973 originally a 1.7 that he picked up from me (I sold it for a friend) few years ago. Thomas and his wife drove it to Vegas then back home to Ohio within 5 or 6 days trip.
Is this the car you saw?

Click to view attachment
tscrihfield
HAHA! It was me. Sorry, I just now saw this. Been working a project in Memphis with little to no time at home.

That Monday, I was either running to West Chester or running from West Chester to tri-county and then home.

Thomas
914forme
Nice looking car as I said it really was like a kick in the balls.

jim_hoyland
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ May 7 2019, 09:07 PM) *

This is Thomas car 1973 originally a 1.7 that he picked up from me (I sold it for a friend) few years ago. Thomas and his wife drove it to Vegas then back home to Ohio within 5 or 6 days trip.
Is this the car you saw?

Click to view attachment

Nice looking Thomas !
tscrihfield
QUOTE(914forme @ May 24 2019, 09:17 PM) *

Sorry Stephen! I have just been enjoying the heck out of the car now that the 3.2 swap is done. I am loving this!

You need to stop by for your parts and take a ride! You'll love it. Or, lets plan a parts swap somewhere central for you.

Thomas
tscrihfield
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 24 2019, 09:39 PM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ May 7 2019, 09:07 PM) *

Is this the car you saw?

Click to view attachment

Nice looking Thomas !

Thanks Jim! How the heck are ya!? It's been a long time!

Thomas
914forme
QUOTE(tscrihfield @ May 28 2019, 09:09 PM) *

Sorry Stephen! I have just been enjoying the heck out of the car now that the 3.2 swap is done. I am loving this!

You need to stop by for your parts and take a ride! You'll love it. Or, lets plan a parts swap somewhere central for you.

Thomas

@tscrihfield Thomas, I am down with that, trying to figure out what I want to do with all of mine. Cayman is high on the list, Miata is freaking small...

PM or TXT me, we can do something next week. I have a deadline I need to meet this Friday.
tscrihfield
QUOTE(914forme @ May 28 2019, 10:28 PM) *

Thomas

@tscrihfield Thomas, I am down with that, trying to figure out what I want to do with all of mine. Cayman is high on the list, Miata is freaking small...

PM or TXT me, we can do something next week. I have a deadline I need to meet this Friday.

@914forme
Stephen,
Lets shoot for the week after next. I too am working on a deadline but, I will be out of town next week.

Thanks,
Thomas
914forme
QUOTE(tscrihfield @ May 29 2019, 08:34 PM) *

QUOTE(914forme @ May 28 2019, 10:28 PM) *

Thomas

@914forme
Stephen,
Lets shoot for the week after next. I too am working on a deadline but, I will be out of town next week.

Thanks,
Thomas

@tscrihfield Thomas, let us shoot for the week after that, I am on traveling that week. But in town the week of the 17th

Thank you,

Stephen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.